ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

k-tec evo eating clio turbo!!!!

Quote: Originally posted by pigme1000000 on 28 January 2005
what can i say that clio is the best ive seen!!!!credit to david at k tec....top job,anyone bin in the car????

you really havent seen many cars then have you?

i could reel off 10 cars that look better, go better and retain their warranty when it all goes tits unlike spending circa £6k on what ni reality wont make the car that much quicker

172 is fine as is, no need to turbo it

BMW 320d Sport

Well...whilst I could also think of many more than 10 cars that look better, I cant agree about it not making the car that much quicker. I dont know about K-Tecs, but Ive been in BBs one a couple of times and that is damn quick, a different league from a normal 172.

Quote: Originally posted by Nick Read on 29 January 2005
but Ive been in BBs one a couple of times and that is damn quick, a different league from a normal 172.

without question its going to be quick, but, you would never be able to use it properly in this country, unless you spend most of your time on a track

what im saying is the 172 is quick enough for uk roads, there is no need for it to be any quicker

Quote: Originally posted by pigme1000000 on 29 January 2005
when your trying to get close to evos...a normal 172 does not cut it!!!

round a track it does, in a straight line maybe not

i know what id get more pleasure out of ;)

live less than 2 miles from rockingham speedway, also used to work there, gives you a clue where my heart lies ;)

lol, wellingborough is not much better ;)

it all depends on where you live in all honesty, some areas are dire, others are as quiet as the countryside, sadly i live in the worst art :( never have any bother though

Quote: Originally posted by Fred2001Dynamic on 29 January 2005
apart from having your car nicked!! eh Bryan???

lol, well that was actually in a village where i play cricket, not in corby :(

had my wing mirror booted off, and broken into once, but that is the extent of my troubles

Quote: Originally posted by pigme1000000 on 28 January 2005
what can i say that clio is the best ive seen!!!!credit to david at k tec....top job,anyone bin in the car????

craigy172 went in it when it was first finished. said it was awesome!

Quote: Originally posted by Bryan on 29 January 2005

lol, wellingborough is not much better ;)

it all depends on where you live in all honesty, some areas are dire, others are as quiet as the countryside, sadly i live in the worst art :( never have any bother though
ya damn right, i have to work there, thats bad enough.

Quote: Originally posted by Darren555 on 30 January 2005
Have they put a front LSD in it though?

very unlikely, will probably still be using the standard gearbox

BMW 320d Sport

LOL Bryan - just because there is no need for it to be any quicker, doesnt mean it should be done. Otherwise wed still all be driving around at 5mph behind a man walking along holding a red flag!

What youre basically saying is that a 172 shouldnt be allowed to have as much straight-line speed as faster/more expensive cars.

Nissan R35 GT-R

Is it really "Evo eating" though? I mean come on - it might have the same power as the Evo, but I cant see it running 11 seconds to 100mph through its front wheels!

Quote: Originally posted by Nick Read on 30 January 2005
LOL Bryan - just because there is no need for it to be any quicker, doesnt mean it should be done. Otherwise wed still all be driving around at 5mph behind a man walking along holding a red flag!What youre basically saying is that a 172 shouldnt be allowed to have as much straight-line speed as faster/more expensive cars.

i know what youre saying nick, but i still cant see the benefits, other than drag racing, where over 225bhp is much harder to control through the front wheels, i can really see much benefit from making it as fast as quicker standard cars in a straight line. id rather have a lot of fun in the twisties than boot it in a straight line personally, if i wanted silly straight line speed, id get a bike, which IMHO would be more of a thrill than a car in a straight line

it should be allowed, but i really dont see any point in it

Quote: Originally posted by Frosty on 30 January 2005
Is it really "Evo eating" though? I mean come on - it might have the same power as the Evo, but I cant see it running 11 seconds to 100mph through its front wheels!

no but i expect side by side from second gear itll pull away slowly

FF 182, K5 GSX-R1000

LMAO, There are front wheel drive cars capable of sub 8 second qtrs! Check TOTB for uk road legal FWD cars that can show up Evos.

Saying that id have a standard FQ400 over a 12 sec maestro;)

FF 182, K5 GSX-R1000

Quote: Originally posted by AJRMOTORSPORT on 30 January 2005

Modify an evo and ur bak to square one!!! LOL

fq400s are forty seven thousand pounds! Fair play to anyone with the dollar to mod it properly.

BMW 320d Sport

Yes there is an argument for saying that once you get into the 200+ club in a fwd car, youre fighting a losing battle, and even for saying that once you get beyond a certain point, more power gives you worse 0-60 times...

But the fact is that its cool to have over 200 bhp in a fwd car, from a rolling start if you put two identical cars next to each other, one fwd and the other 4wd, the fwd car will take it, just due to less transmission loss.

And you most certainly can use much more than 200bhp in a fwd car. Admittedly not at everyday town driving speeds, or even in sprint testing. But Im running around 230bhp at the moment, and it most certainly would be nice to have nearer 300 when youre doing motorway speeds anyway.

I definitely dont get the feeling when I floor it in 5th at 100mph (on my private airfield testing facility of course) that its as fast as it ever could be. Unlike in 1st 2nd and 3rd where if you floor it you get wheelspin, in 4th and 5th you get a good slug of power and traction but it could do with more, because of the terrible aerodynamics of my Clio.

So what Im saying is just because say 250bhp is more than youll ever need around the country lanes in a fwd car, its not as much as you could use on an autobahn and at motorway speeds the issue of front wheel, rear wheel or four wheel drive is totally irrelevant.

standard 172s are poo on toast

200 bhp plus fwd is to much

evos look like saxos with doors added

or to many saxos look like evos i cant remember which way round it is

turbo clios fair play if you want to waste your money

but sh*t it must be good fun!

Quote: Originally posted by Nick Read on 30 January 2005

from a rolling start if you put two identical cars next to each other, one fwd and the other 4wd, the fwd car will take it, just due to less transmission loss.

But the identical RWD car would beat them both....rolling or standing....NO Wheel spin and much less Transmission loss than AWD...;)

my old 200bhp 5GTT was wheelspin city in 1st and 2nd....RWD is the way to go......lol or maybe Im just biased....;)

Simon.

Quote: Originally posted by Frosty on 30 January 2005

the stock cup racer does 0-100 in 10.5 with 180bhp.....so why not? lol

Nissan R35 GT-R

But the Cup racers weigh no more than a crisp LOL.

If one car goes on a diet then so should the other. ;)

Just pointing out that you dont need the same power as an evo or the awd.

Cup racers arent that light either.