ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

k-tec exhaust noise

53' 172 Cup
i have had my k-tec stealth fitted for around a month and a half and have just started to get a nasty rattling noise coming from (i think) the centre section. i had tried to push it all up a bit the other day cos its never been completely hidden and it seemed fine. next day i drove to work and the rattle started so i assumed it was the exhaust hitting the heatshield but having moved it all back to how it sat originally the noise is still there! it is worst at 2.5k and 4k revs. should i get it checked out at a garage or is it likely the centre pipe is faulty -has anyone had a faulty one in the past??

clio 172
ive got the exact same problem mate i came to the conlusion it was the heat shield ive booked mine into a garage i had a post up about a week ago with no reply so just took it to the garage

clio 172
its booked in for monday mate but i had a look under the car over the weekend and after having a poke around thats all i can think of:S

53' 172 Cup
where does it sound like its coming from-middle or back? im gonna hav to do the same i reckon, its just impossible to have a good ol look underneath without a lift!

clio 172
im a skinny f*cker so i can just about get under if i park it half up a curb lol it deffo from the middle and sounds like a bit of loose metal or something in the middlebox :S i gave the heatshield a twang and its the same sound so wether the exhaust it rattling on that or its something else im not to sure

172 MKII FF
Hi,

What does the noise sound like? Does anyone have a sound clip? Mine has never been hidden completely and sometimes made a rattling sound but I have adjusted it a couple of time the noise goes and comes back.

I was quite satisfied with it until I went to Blackpool on Sunday and noticed Monday morning there was a rattling noise around 4 - 5k. It's like a high pitch metal rattle noise. The exhaust hasn't moved or anything. I might try re-adjusting it again and see if this affects the noise.

What is the best way to check if it is the centre box?

Ph 1 172
mine had this but with a different exhaust and i found out after a couple of days of playing around its was one of those exhaust brackets liiks like a you shape bit of metal with a flat bit on it and to bolts joins the mid section with the rear can just had to turn it 180degrees so it wernt knocking on the rear subframe if you dont understand ill post a pic on here later

172 MKII FF
mine had this but with a different exhaust and i found out after a couple of days of playing around its was one of those exhaust brackets liiks like a you shape bit of metal with a flat bit on it and to bolts joins the mid section with the rear can just had to turn it 180degrees so it wernt knocking on the rear subframe if you dont understand ill post a pic on here later

Yes please, post a pic thanks.

53' 172 Cup
mine is now making awful noise around 2k and then at 3k up to 4k revs. have contacted ktec and will hopefully be sorted soon. could try and get a sound clip but using a digi camera to record video wont give very good sound quality - it basically sounds like a tinny metallic rattling noise coming from the middle section

Lotus Elise 111R
i had this a couple of weeks ago, David sorted me a new centre box and it is much better now. brilliant aftersales from k-tec.

850 T5. mmmm Turbo!
i chaned my centre section to a ss system and the rattle stayed.
i think its the front heatshield.

its the same noise it makes if u hit it with something, well the same pitch anyway. starts at about 75- 80 in 5th. so annoying.

im in need of a staple gun to try and sort it out.

unless some sort of foam may do it??

fil_b

ClioSport Club Member
  172 FF and Fabia VRS
my rear mount is causeing the issue atm

got a new1 so i got to change it