ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

K-tec induction kit (little addition)

Hi Dan Hows it going? Still got the insert mate if you want it, do i get to try some? Yep have to meet up or see you at the next RRday in march if it goes ahead;)

TCR'd Rs Clio 172
Meet up b4 then mate , ill sort something with Dave , might not be in mine as you well no she don't do winter lol . Got me a family run around now , old mon's car !

It don't do summer either lol;)

Yeh just drop me a txt when you and dave want to meet up. heard you have a lagunR

Love the mod, Looks great!

Hope you dont mind me posting it in here, but im glad someone said about the wiring, I checked it (had my ktec out to inspect something else)

It appears under my induction hose the 2nd circle down before had some sort of unused clip and that was wearing away at the silicone hose heavily.

I have now cut that bit off and filed the plastic so its smooth. Also removed the split loom covering the battery positive as you can see in the first circle its 3x too big so I will find some smaller split loom to cover it. Those two mentioned being cut off I can see the clearance now is fine. I think had I not spotted it it would have gone through the hose. I also removed the old bracket for the original airbox, I dont think it was touching but took it off anyway.

Now there shouldnt be anything to rub bracket of wiring wise.

Pics are in spoiler.

IMG_32250_zps7199a843.jpg

IMG_3221_zpsc69e03f1.jpg

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
Cheers for posting up about the damage issues. Ill be sure to check that out when fitting mine. :) when it comes

Cheers guysy good to know.:D

My argument is we payed circa £166 for this kit and we have to cut away original equipment to stop it rubbing. Shocking tbh. wish i knew this before as i wouldn't have bought and fitted it!

All it takes is ktec to get the manufactures adjust the tooling or length of the part that clamps to the TB job done. Poor workmanship they should review it.

Thrust-Rated

ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
Was out last night for my birthday. Got smashed, went back to mates because I was stopping at his, thought he left town before me to go home. Got there, he wouldn't answer phone, his battery had died. I didn't know code for his electric gate so I thought it was a good idea to climb his big wrought iron gate. Caught ankle in railing at top and fell. I remember crawling up his long drive in agony. Got to the front door and turned out he was still out up town. :( so I went hospital today and found out its broken and i now have a cast up to my knee and got crutches.
Great night though.

Thrust-Rated

ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
I am a Pratt. 100%. What a night though. Birthday I shall never forget. ;)

200 GORDINI
hi k tec. any response to the aformentioned issues?
i shall be waiting your response before ordering mine????????????????????
oh and no response,means dont bother...........

Thrust-Rated

ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
Received mine today to find this inside the hose. Looks like a burn mark or something. Not really sure.

7umuteqa.jpg

Thrust-Rated

ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
I've called them. Asked me to email some pictures over to them. Done that. So will take it from there now.

K-Tec Racing

ClioSport Trader
  172LBT-172HBT-197-R2
Just spoken to Chris with regards to this but for future information, this is a small amount of the gel releasing agent that is used on the inside of the hose before it goes into the oven to cook. This hose clearly hasn't been rinsed through and has had a pool of this gel left inside when in the oven. This is perfectly harmless and should rinse out with warm water.

Bex

Just spoken to Chris with regards to this but for future information, this is a small amount of the gel releasing agent that is used on the inside of the hose before it goes into the oven to cook. This hose clearly hasn't been rinsed through and has had a pool of this gel left inside when in the oven. This is perfectly harmless and should rinse out with warm water.

Bex

What the excuse of such a diabolical fit then?

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Just checked mine and I also have the same issue, the hose is being pushed into from underneath and slightly on the top, no hole as yet but no doubt it will happen after a while. Cant see an obvious way of fixing it apart from cutting down the hose slightly on the TB so it sits further away.

2003 Clio 172
Love the mod, Looks great!

Hope you dont mind me posting it in here, but im glad someone said about the wiring, I checked it (had my ktec out to inspect something else)

It appears under my induction hose the 2nd circle down before had some sort of unused clip and that was wearing away at the silicone hose heavily.

I have now cut that bit off and filed the plastic so its smooth. Also removed the split loom covering the battery positive as you can see in the first circle its 3x too big so I will find some smaller split loom to cover it. Those two mentioned being cut off I can see the clearance now is fine. I think had I not spotted it it would have gone through the hose. I also removed the old bracket for the original airbox, I dont think it was touching but took it off anyway.

Now there shouldnt be anything to rub bracket of wiring wise.

Pics are in spoiler.

Old thread, but glad I stumbled across it now. After fitting the Ktec kit to my car I put my hand underneath the silicone pipe and could feel the corner of that plastic bracket really pressing against it. Took a hacksaw to the bracket and cut the corner off and filed it smooth. No more rubbing. Definitely needs to be done if you fit the Ktec kit as that little bracket seems to be the main cause of wear to the silicone pipe.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Only driven to work etc. I think there’s zero difference in performance. Obviously the noise makes you feel like your going faster than sound with the ik.

I didn’t think it would be too noticeable without but it is :/

See after a few days...