ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

K-Tec Stealth Getting Louder

PH1 172 Sport
As title. My stealth seems to be getting louder and droning more when under load. Its getting to the point where I don't want to take anyone in the car as it embarrassing.

Its covered about 40k now and I did notice a few weeks ago that there was some wire wool type sound dampening hanging from the pipe. I've checked for blows and can't see anything obvious.

What could be causing this increase in noise?

B

Bucko

I you purchased it from new it has a lifetime warranty, give K-Tec a call

PH1 172 Sport
Yeah I've had it since new and I will give them a call just wondered what other people suggestions would be. i.e what I should be looking for.

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
I think as it carbons up in the inside it gets a litle raspier up the revs.

I loved my Stealth! Not intrusive unless giving it the boot!

B

Bucko

I think stainless systems do get louder over time but if after 40k you are only just concerned about it all of a sudden, and you've seen sound deadening coming out of the tailpipe then it's time to speak to K-Tec.

I hated mine btw, it was only on my car for 48 hours due to the noise and drone. My Pro-Speed custom stealth is awesome though

PH1 172 Sport
Its always droned a bit but its getting stupid now.

I don't mind loud but I do mind a drone that makes the whole inside of the car feel like the inside of a subwoofer.

Last edited:
  Clio 172
Fitted a second hand one on mine yesterday and even with the standard centre its still far too loud as soon as it gets over 3000 revs, think it needs to come off.

Megane RS 250
I've got the super stealth in mild steel and is too loud too..i'll get a more silenced center section as I like the hidden look, or a sport skat instead of the dekat.

Coupe/Defender V8
Loud is the nuts.

My stealth was the mk1 and about 2 years old when I fitted it, I found it quite acceptable. Not boomy at all. The supersport is a different kettle of fish though. I loves it

Ph 1 172
mines been on for 10k plus now and its droney low dwn but raspy higher up! its the supersports by the way think its something to do with the carbon build up and obviously baffles getting older over time! well yours might be mines coz i just slapped a decat on it lol

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Its always droned a bit but its getting stupid now.

I don't mind loud but I do mind a drone that makes the whole inside of the car feel like the inside of a subwoofer.

This + f**king 1

How its made to drone right at the 'normal' cruising speed of the car baffles (;)) me....... surely this would have become apparent in testing? I'm sure a few subtle tweeks to the system could remove or move the drone about somewhat.

PH1 172 Sport
I'm currently thinking of getting it modified and have even been looking at jetex decibel reducers just to see if I can remove the drone from cruising rpms.