ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

k-tec stealth system fitted

172 Cup (track) FS
Having spoken to the very helpful chaps at K-tec I've gone for their stealth cat-back system to replace the crappy OEM part that is less than a year old.

what a difference !

you can hear it for yourselves here - audio only.

the car now feels more lively and definitely breathes easier - very similar behaviour to the Milltek system fitted to my Golf R32.

Was also very lucky sourcing some new OEM exhaust mounts ready for the Castle Combe track day this Saturday - my old ones were shot and my local Renault dealer had them in stock. They took me about 20 mins to fit the pair using a trolley jack and axle stands.

Car is much better overall - the old exhaust had something broken inside one of the silencers and sounded like a bag of sh**.

:D

clio sport 172
nice nice that mate iv got the same system on and it sounds the best would never fit another one on

172 Cup (track) FS
fit and finish is pretty good - seam welding is substantial and the fit seems very tidy.

did the right thing putting new mounts on though as the new tailpipe end sat 2 inches lower than the OEM parts, with new mounts it's less than 1 inch lower.

exhaust_cat_back.jpg

Saab 93 Aero Wagon
Thats pretty much what i have in mind for mine! Could you PM me how much you paid in total?

Just noticed your rear anti-roll bar with the drop links....swish.

Burgandy 174 sport t
the old exhaust had something broken inside one of the silencers and sounded like a bag of sh**.

ul soon get that back!!

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
chill dude, the mk2 is a proper made exhaust, made by a quality company, not like your tigar plop ;)

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Probably...... I have faith in the new stealth, hense why i'm getting one. The mk1 version is poop, someone i know has one, and its never fitted right. Blows like fook too.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Can't decide between this and prospeed. As that sounds the dogs b****cks, and i reckoni could fit it myself.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Can't decide between this and prospeed. As that sounds the dogs b****cks, and i reckoni could fit it myself.

Well mine will be fitted sunday, i shall report back ;)

Prospeed on mine was loud de-catted.......

Trophy #473
thinking about getting another stealth, bought a mk1 and it was never right, used to twist and hang down on the usless sleave over the rear axle and rattle like fook, sold it 5 months after and put the standard back on, but heard nothing but good about the mk2.

was the mk1 2 1/4" and the mk2 2 1/2" pipe work?

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
fit and finish is pretty good - seam welding is substantial and the fit seems very tidy.

did the right thing putting new mounts on though as the new tailpipe end sat 2 inches lower than the OEM parts, with new mounts it's less than 1 inch lower.

exhaust_cat_back.jpg

not sure. What i like about the system is that the join is after the centre section, NOT above the rear beam like on every other system. More clearence etc etc

Last edited:

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD

not sure. What i like about the system is that the join is after the centre section, NOT above the rear beam like on every other sysetem. More clearence etc etc

was just thinking that exact thing, as it's a b*****d to get to usually.

Clio 172 Mk2
ive never seen a pic of a stealth on the car from behind, are the exhausts totally hidden behind the bumper or can you still see the backbox slightly?

Clio 172 Mk2
hmm sounds like a pretty quality exhaust then. get some decent pics up gaz after you've had it fitted mate!! i wanna know if they're louder/quieter than the prospeed

Clio 172 Mk2
cheers peparami, gotta be honest i thought i'd remembered someone saying you can still see it slightly!! wasnt just me being dumb ;)

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
it will quieter than the prospeed, as it been developed to be nice on the ears ;)

Clio 172 Mk2
by the way gaz when u changed back to standard what did you do, swap your bumper with whoever you sold the prospeed to along with some cash your way?

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
yep, just made sure they had a Cup lol. I was selling the car, so it went back to standard for a few months...... then came to my senses and kept it lol

pic from the rear.
rear.jpg

172 Cup (track) FS
have done 180 miles since fitting and it's going through the drony phase at the moment.

Hoping tomorrow's track day will cure part of that - but it's only loud when you floor it ;)

It should calm down a bit within a few hundred more miles, then quieten down significantly once properly coked up after a few thousand. Hope so anyway.

Clio 172 Mk2
have done 180 miles since fitting and it's going through the drony phase at the moment.

Hoping tomorrow's track day will cure part of that - but it's only loud when you floor it ;)

It should calm down a bit within a few hundred more miles, then quieten down significantly once properly coked up after a few thousand. Hope so anyway.

I thought they got louder as they aged?? :S