ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

k-tec stealth system fitted

172 Cup (track) FS
wouldn't have thought so - the sound might deepen over time and "mature" into something nice but it shouldn't get louder. In my experience a sign of a quality exhaust is one that matures rather than screams when aged a little.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
have done 180 miles since fitting and it's going through the drony phase at the moment.

Hoping tomorrow's track day will cure part of that - but it's only loud when you floor it ;)

It should calm down a bit within a few hundred more miles, then quieten down significantly once properly coked up after a few thousand. Hope so anyway.

I thought they got louder as they aged?? :S

Mine has, it resonates at 3k rpm, sounds quite nice when it does though.

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
Im considering changing my prospeed. 2.5" straight through. Wonder if anyone wants to swap. Hmmmm...

dude thats gonna be louder then my car. you should hear it now i got a proper decat and not the one with the silencer, pops like mad!!

172 cup
Hey guys. I know I don't post on here too often, but I just fitted a k-tec stealth MkII to my 172 cup and thought I'd get my tuppence in:

Firstly: Service from k-tec was spot on - I phoned them on Thursday afternoon (rather desperate as my oem exhaust had already fallen off) and they kindly dispatched it to me by USP (cost me extra of course) which arrived the next day.

First impression: Build quality was excellent – nothing dodgy looking at all about the welds etc.

Fitting to the car: Piece of cake - everything lined up exactly as I hoped it would, with easy adjustments to get it sitting just right. I pasted all the joints and there’s not a single leak anywhere.

Acoustics: Perhaps a bit louder that I really wanted (I’m more of a ‘standard’ kinda person), but it’s not too loud. Put it this way – when the car is idling you know it’s there. When cruising (up to about 70) it’s not too bad either – above 70 it gets quite loud. Giving it the beans: You certainly know it’s there – so does everyone else within half a mile. Don’t get me wrong though, it gives off a pretty decent sounding rip.

Performance: Very subjective I know, but I reckon there’s an improvement – feels a lot less restrictive in the higher rev range.

Overall I’d prefer something a little less boomy (i.e. the standard sound), but I can’t say I’m unhappy with what I got – considering Reno wanted the same dosh for a replacement oem system.

BTW: my oem exhaust lasted 50,000 miles and fell off the day after I heard it blow – just a warning to those with a blown exhaust.

Cheers all.

Clio 172 mk2
wouldn't have thought so - the sound might deepen over time and "mature" into something nice but it shouldn't get louder. In my experience a sign of a quality exhaust is one that matures rather than screams when aged a little.

Have to agree

My Mk1 stealth sounds better now since it's been on the car for a while ....still slightly boomy at a certain RPM but in not uncomfortably loud at all.

Just noticed the join on the Mk2 version further down the system....now that does make some sense moving it away from the rear beam:D