ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

K-Tec Stealth WOW!

RenaultSport clio 172 ph1
This is simply to sing praises to the K-Tec Stealth cat back system i had fitted to my 172 ph1 yesterday!

Like a boob job for a already gorgeous girl - i have fallen back in love with my Clio!
The difference it has made is more than expected! - and...so far - 100% happy :D

Well done K-Tec

172 MKII FF
This is simply to sing praises to the K-Tec Stealth cat back system i had fitted to my 172 ph1 yesterday!

Like a boob job for a already gorgeous girl - i have fallen back in love with my Clio!
The difference it has made is more than expected! - and...so far - 100% happy :D

Well done K-Tec

Excellant.

What differences do you feel? Mine came today and hopefully it will be fitted tomorrow. I'm going to K-Tec from Magnex.

Trophy #473
glad your happy with it. once the price comes down a bit i'll be buying another (had a mk1 stealth)

noticed a tad more power - but mainly more pickup along the rev range - rather than a surge of power near the far end ;)

also - having to shift earlier but more frequently eg. changing into 3rd gear at 60ish rather then 65 previously - but gets there faster!! :evil:

o - and the noise.... :approve: timid (and only just louder than standard) at cruising pace but - when booted - soujds like a completely different beast!!!

the smile on my face hasn't worn off yet so to speak, haha

love the fact there isn't a can protruding from the rear for all this

recommended.

172 MKII FF

Well done K-Tec

I'm joining you on this. Just witnessed it being fitted and took it for a spin, absolutely top. About the same noise produced as my magnex when you floor it. Car feels a bit more responsive as well.

172 MKII FF
lmao at EMPTY fuel guage :p sounds great i want one well eithyer a twin pipe or a stelth

They do sound ace, there does seem to be a lot of mixed oppinions about them which concerned me when I bought one without listening to it. But i'm really happy with mine. Had it on a week so far.

Clio 172 mk2
Good exhauust

I've had my Stealth on the car for over a year now and it still looks new and sounds even better than when I first got it.

I changed froma Magnex too as that fitted shite, looked shite and weighed loads.

172 MKII FF
Good exhauust

I've had my Stealth on the car for over a year now and it still looks new and sounds even better than when I first got it.

I changed froma Magnex too as that fitted s**te, looked s**te and weighed loads.

I changed from Magnex as well.

172 MKII FF
Just as a matter of interest....I had mine fitted last week at a local garage and I watched every moment of them fitting it, in fact I was under the car with them.

When they came to fitting the strap that fits around the back box which then in turn slots into the centre holde of the mount, they asked me whether there was a screw or bolt for the strap pin that holds into the rubber mount. It seemed as though the pin had been threaded which would suggest something is meant to hold it in place.

Did anyone get something like this to hold the strap into the mount?

The guys at the garage managed to find something the same size and put that in.

yeh!

one of the boys asked if there was a nut or something to screw on to that part - i told them what i was giving them was all i had - and until now - completely forgot about it because the other guy that fitted it didn't say anything when i picked her back up haha

i'll check it out and see what they did about it - but it's on still ok

172 MKII FF
yeh!

one of the boys asked if there was a nut or something to screw on to that part - i told them what i was giving them was all i had - and until now - completely forgot about it because the other guy that fitted it didn't say anything when i picked her back up haha

i'll check it out and see what they did about it - but it's on still ok

Does your hang right?

I've noticed on mine that the back box is quite low down (defeats the purpose of a stealth) and has about 4 inches room at the top of it. Also, it bangs sometimes when going over speed bumps or with more than 2 people in. How can I use the 4 inches or so above the box, is there a way to push it up>?

172 MKII FF
Just taken some photo's and wondered if anyone could look at these and let me know how I go about adjusting the damn thing. At the same time as having the exhaust (K-Tec Stealth MK2) fitted I had a new Reno hanger fitted. As you can see from the photo i've put some support in as the it is gash (just this minute fitted) - this seems to have pushed the exhaust up slightly but I cannot see any other way to move it up.

The hanger is as far forward as it will go.

I think the reason it was banging was because the hanger gave too much, i'm hoping these 'bungs' will stop that.

If anyone can suggest a better way of sorting this I would much appreciate it.

Attachments

• DSC00033.JPG
    DSC00033.JPG
    51.3 KB · Views: 28
  • DSC00035.JPG
    DSC00035.JPG
    103 KB · Views: 33
  • DSC00036.JPG
    DSC00036.JPG
    78.9 KB · Views: 25
  Lotus Elise 111R
I had my stealth fitted on friday by K-tec and had the tailpipe cut into the bumper. Really impressed with the responsiveness and sound.

Qu qu for these with these, does anyone get a noise like you get if you blow into the top of a coke can ( obviously more solid type noise - but to give you an idea!) whilst not accelerating hard, through town etc?

Looks fantastic and not aftermarket at all. Well chuffed, thanks David.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
its the blowing in a bottle noise it makes around 3k.....hidious. Sounded w**k :)

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Sold it lol. It lasted a week. Shame cos the build and fit were supurb :(

Black Gold with cup packs
I have a big b*****d problem. My Exhaust is looking a tad rusty and I want to change it to a stainless steel exhaust! My insurance company will not allow me to but a SS exhaust on the car! I argue that I wish to add it because the Renault standard exhaust issues, and a SS exhaust has a lifetime warranty. Meaning I will never have to pay out for an exhaust system again? Other than changing my insurance company! Is there any way around this?

Clio Cup
Just taken some photo's and wondered if anyone could look at these and let me know how I go about adjusting the damn thing. At the same time as having the exhaust (K-Tec Stealth MK2) fitted I had a new Reno hanger fitted. As you can see from the photo i've put some support in as the it is gash (just this minute fitted) - this seems to have pushed the exhaust up slightly but I cannot see any other way to move it up.

I think the reason it was banging was because the hanger gave too much, i'm hoping these 'bungs' will stop that.

if you un-do the strap which is around the can u should be able to push it up and then tighten it back up around the can when its sitting further up. no?

172 MKII FF

if you un-do the strap which is around the can u should be able to push it up and then tighten it back up around the can when its sitting further up. no?

Yes, I had a think about this before and it did come to my mind. I will give it a try after work tomorrow.