ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

K-Tec system

ive got the k-tec exhaust on my 172 and have to say, great piece ofkit. sporty not but not too loud (use my car for work in the day). sounds great at over 4k rpm!

Chris

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
ive got one on my 172 and as many will tell you its f**king RAPID lol thats running a mk2 stealth with decat and 182 manifold sounds the nuts!!

Black Ph2 172
It is a system in the development stages at the moment, we have a youtube showing the sound, production units should be with me during the next week.

Sean.

Can you send me a link for that please? Also, how much louder is the super sport version of the stealth - can you send links to the sound of this?

cHEERS MATE,

andy

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
I have just bought and fitted the stealth system and it sounds fantastic.

It really isnt that loud below 4-5k rpm tbh

I Do enjoy the sound of it at full chat though, power delivery seems more fluent and the idle seems to have calmed down, might just be me though :eek:

Black Ph2 172
Good stuff...really looking forward to getting one :) - K-Tec racing do you normally see a power increase with these exhausts?

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
I was actually dissapointed with the length of time it took K-Tec to deliver my tyres and exhaust

(2 weeks)

I was assured by David it was one mishap after another, fair play but id have liked them sooner :eek:

Clio 172, Honda Fireblade
I would recommend this system. I got the quieter one (ie. not the supersport) for a Ph 2 172 and fitted it myself. It fitted together fine and seems good quality. A good fit is achievable with basic tools, axle stands and a bit of time spent fiddling with the angles.
The sound is only slightly louder than the standard system - a nice smooth deeper tone. I certainly wouldn't agree with some comments that they sound 'raspy' - the opposite in fact.
Hard to comment on power increase as I was driving around with no back box (which caused a slight power loss) for 3 weeks beforehand! With the stealth and a KTEC panel filter it is definately running better than ever now.
My only complaint would be that it took a long time to get delivered - but this was due to not having the stock so couldnt really be helped.

Black Ph2 172
Thanks for all your help guys have ordered myself the system - really looking forward to getting it on the car :)

Black Ph2 172
Went out in Vish's car last night and absoloutly love the noise it makes - perfect exhuast system for me :)! Thanks for everybodys advice here

Hi, Sorry to bring this thread back up, but the link to the exhaust system that was given at the start. Is that a fully system, as in a decat as well, or just a cat back?

Hi, Sorry to bring this thread back up, but the link to the exhaust system that was given at the start. Is that a fully system, as in a decat as well, or just a cat back?

It says on the site

This new stainless steel cat back exhaust system features enlarged 2.5" bore pipework along with a new design of rear silencer which has been fine tuned to offer a very subtle yet sporty exhaust note that does not become too loud or intrusive at motorway cruising speeds.

Whats the point in that though. Surely you would think it would be the full system! Is there a fully system you can get from the site? Thanks

Black Ph2 172
You have to buy a sports car or decat seperately from the cat back system. Sports cat is £300 decat is around £100