ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

k-tecracing new grill for 2002 Clio

Hmm, perhaps a bit pricey.......but I must admit Ive been thinking about popping down to K-Tec and getting a few bits and bobs done and the front grille makes it look a bit different.

If its not too cold tonight I may just pop into the kitchen, grab the aluminium foil and see if I can do the job cheaper myself. Ill let you know how I get on...

Clio 1.6 16V

The stainless grill certainly looks different. Not entirely sure about it yet. Is it only the top grills or does it do the bottom also? I was thinking of spraying my Iceberg grills the same colour of lighter silver as on the 2.0 16V door trims. Has anybody done this / got any pictures?

Clio 1.6 16V

Sounds like a guid experiment Snuggs .... I await yer results! Dinnae let the missus know that ye nicked her kitchen foil m8 ......could be h*ll tae pay!

Ok, I cut up the cardboard and covered it in foil (note for all silver owners, leave the less shiny side on the outside as it matches the car better), ripped the low quality plastic out and replaced it with my cost-cutting front grill. I must say that it looks the bollox!! Mean as hell and itll scare the pants off anyone dawdling in front of me, especially when bright sunlight reflects off it and blinds them.........sweeeeeet.

I would take a photo, but I dont actually have a digi-camera, so youll just have to use your imagination. Anyway, after doing this Ive had a blinder of an idea. I just ordered some 16 Oz SuperLs and am getting them fitted in a week or so.........why? Why oh why? I have loads of foil left and some spare cardboard, so making 4 x 3 spoke alloyz should be no challenge to me.

If the rain stays off, Ill do this tomorrow after work. Sorted! Then, when I stick on my little cliosport sticker (I tried to make my own using some crayons and paper, but it didnt seem to cut it so I delved into the wallet) onto the back window Ill make you all proud!!!

A truly bad-ass sorted geezah motah!

Go to B&Q or your local hardware supplies and get a sheet of their perforated metal mesh - its identical and costs a fiver - and then cut to shape - £92 RIP me thinks