ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

K4M Engine

On its ass
Could you straight fit the 1.6 16v engine into a MK2 PH2 Clio using same subframe box wiring etc....? thanks

alien green rs133
it'll fit... but your ecu wont run it, get fulling wiring loom and keys out of a 1.6 16v clio and you will be fine :D

M

mini-valver

New loom, ECU, UCH and keys. Pretty sure the shafts are plug and play but make sure you get all the 1.6 engine mounts as the 1.2 ones are different.

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
UCH is a a sender that gives a signel to the Ecu iirc,

its basicly a black box to you and me ;)

Its best if you get the ECU / UCH / Keys and igniton barrel with the decoder ring really from the same car

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
You will need the Key fella, it saves a lot of time, im preapring to do a conversion next month, and after loads of Q i asked, it made sense to get the Key as i wont have to bother with re-programing my key or de-immobilise the Ecu

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
Its the insurance for me tho mate 18 years no claims, no chance on a sport ken?

insurance on conversions is rediculous, you will insure a 1.6 16v clio pretty cheap but try insuring a 1.2 16v with a 1.6 16v conversion!! have you done any quotes for 172's tho? i got insured at 18 on mine with 0 ncb.

imo the only reason for doing a conversion is for cheap insurance ie. not declairing!!