ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

K4m induction bore size

Toyota MR2 GT Turbo
Hello

I'm fitting a v6 airbox to my 1.6 (K4M) and I need to know the diameter of the throttle body connection so I can get the right bore size for a silicone hose to go over it, Its a bit off a nasty job to take it off especially just to check the size.

Thanks

EDIT: Another way of putting it is, whats the diameter of the middle pipe in this induction kit: http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B003K3BJQ8/?tag=cliospnet01-21

Vivaro van
Also you have a breather coming out the back of the block that u wil need a pipe for but cant remember the size of that

Vivaro van
Yea, took the original setup of mine and put silicon hoses from throttle body to filter by headlight but it was so bloody loud it lasted about a day lol, still got the pipework in garage

Clio MK2 1.4 16v
I believe that mine on my K4J is different.

If you do not mind waiting, i will check tomorrow. I have a spare in the basement. Nut for some reason, I believe both above answers are wrong.

The silicone one i ordered was 76mm? As said, if you want an honnest answer, I will check tomorrow.

Last edited:
  Megane 225 F1
The upper part of the 1.4 / 1.6 is the same so the inlet bore will be the same on both. I can't find the email I had I'm afraid buddy.

Toyota MR2 GT Turbo
  Clio MK2 1.4 16v
lrg57i-6508.jpg

Right

The throttle body is 76mm.

The small pipe on the right of the throttle body as in the picture is an engine breather. This is the one i measured as 13mm ID. As per K&N, it should be 5/8" ID.

The small pipe on the left of the throttle body is for the IRV as some early models used to have. I do not use it on my car but as per K&N, this is 3/4" ID.

Toyota MR2 GT Turbo
Right

The throttle body is 76mm.

The small pipe on the right of the throttle body as in the picture is an engine breather. This is the one i measured as 13mm ID. As per K&N, it should be 5/8" ID.

The small pipe on the left of the throttle body is for the IRV as some early models used to have. I do not use it on my car but as per K&N, this is 3/4" ID.

Yes but I don't own the kit, so If I got a 90 degree bend and a t-piece, then got a small hose and connected it to the breather and t-piece?

Clio MK2 1.4 16v
Right from pictures of the V6 box i have seen, i do not see a inlet breather on that. Someone who ones one might say for sure.

This means that a T piece would be needed. You might need a custom job as the ones i have seen which are 76mm ID, they have a 25mm t piece on them and you need a 5/8" as per K&N.

It might be cheaper to source the K&N pipe second hand.

K&N wanted a bit over £60 on it's own.

There you go

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/K-N-57i-i...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item19ccbe871c

Toyota MR2 GT Turbo
Right from pictures of the V6 box i have seen, i do not see a inlet breather on that. Someone who ones one might say for sure.

This means that a T piece would be needed. You might need a custom job as the ones i have seen which are 76mm ID, they have a 25mm t piece on them and you need a 5/8" as per K&N.

It might be cheaper to source the K&N pipe second hand.

K&N wanted a bit over £60 on it's own.

There you go

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/K-N-57i-i...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item19ccbe871c

I have the v6 airbox and there is no breather on it, I think i'll bid on that, then I can attach silicone reducer on that to fit the airbox.

Thanks!

Can you not get a breather filter and some appropriate pipe from a motor factors or somewhere and not recirc the breather. I didn't find it made any difference on my 1.4 (but I could be wrong)

Clio MK2 1.4 16v
If you are not in a hurry, I got one of my K&N induction kits for £10 inc postage. The other one was £18 and have it as a spare for my second car when i buy one. :)

Clio MK2 1.4 16v
Do I have to have an oil catch tank with a breather filter?

I am not 100% sure on this.

I have seen breathers with an oil catch tank and without. I would go without and if i see it needs one, i would get it then.

If you go for the K&N kit you don't need to.

Toyota MR2 GT Turbo
I am not 100% sure on this.

I have seen breathers with an oil catch tank and without. I would go without and if i see it needs one, i would get it then.

If you go for the K&N kit you don't need to.

I have a habit of doing things the most expensive way ;)