ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

K4M Woodruff crank gear

Clio mk2 1.4 16v
Hi Guys
Does anyone have a solution to the free floating crank pulley on these engines?
i did my timing belt with the free floater fine, i just dont like the whole consept and want it gone for when i make more power.......
i have had a look on internet images at K9K crank gears and they all seem to have an additional tooth (20) k4j has 19 so any ideas? :)
Thanks

F4R are 19 teeth but im unsure on diameter due to different belt length
could someone measure their f4r diamter and width plz

Last edited:
  PH2 172
Hi Guys
Does anyone have a solution to the free floating crank pulley on these engines?
i did my timing belt with the free floater fine, i just dont like the whole consept and want it gone for when i make more power.......
i have had a look on internet images at K9K crank gears and they all seem to have an additional tooth (20) k4j has 19 so any ideas? :)
Thanks

F4R are 19 teeth but im unsure on diameter due to different belt length
could someone measure their f4r diamter and width plz

This what the boosted cars use.
https://www.renaultpartsdirect.co.uk/parts/popular-products/megane-225-r26-cam-belt-drive-pulley/

Last edited:
  dan's cast offs.
Belts are different length due to some runningthe waterpump. Renault are lazy and it wouldn't surprise me if they were the same size.

Plus you will be fine with a floating pulley.

Clio mk2 1.4 16v
Belts are different length due to some runningthe waterpump. Renault are lazy and it wouldn't surprise me if they were the same size.

Plus you will be fine with a floating pulley.
Hopefully so as f4rt have the woodruff key way
I know floaters are fine but I'm used to Honda lol