ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Kangarooing and alignment issues

Astra
I am planning on buying a 200 in April/may however a couple of things have come to light which is concerning me. The first being cold start kangarooing, do all 200's do this, is this a characteristic of the car? Does the car have a variable limiter which lowers when the car is cold? Is aligament issues common with the 200 do owners find that their cars steering tends to pull to one side? On a side note is there a particular colour of paint which stands up better to stone chips?

Milltek'd clio 182
i dont own one, an i dont ever intend to, but i have read reviews about these cars an i can recall on them being described as kangarooing effect on the cold start. whether its true or not i dont possibly know, but someone will enlighten you

225 Cup & Williams
I think all renaultsport clios do this when they are cold, my ph1 172 done it before I remapped it.

Discounted 1*2 parts
Never had any alignment problems with my 200 or any that pass through our workshop

They are a bit kangeroo'y from cold but not as bad as the 197. There is a reprogramme available for the injection computer iirc to help cure the kangerooing anyway. I beleive most renaults have a lower rev limiter when cold?

I'm sure someone on here said the kangarooing comes back after the cal update?

Stupid engines. My 182 was often a dog when cold too. Why? It's not like they're super highly tuned engines with mental cams.

Ph2 172 MB 77/468
my 172 is a b**ch when its cold for about 2 mins, then its as if they flick a switch and it just stops!

Clio RS 200 Raider
Hey Guys,

I have a 2011 Clio 200 sport and I have tbh about the kangarooing. This is the 2nd sport I've had the first being a 182 and yes when cold you have this issue. The 200 sport is different when I got the car which is less than a year old and got it new it went like a dream however over the last couple of months it's gone like a dog and that's even when warm. I am currently sitting in Renault as I type this and they are replacing an 02 sensor which they think could be the problem but will keep you up dated.

Guilietta 2.0 JTDM-2
Is no different to the 172s/182s I've owned tbh, I let them warm up for 5/10 mins before driving and have no issues. A map would improve it if it bothers you that much though.

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
Our 2 year old 200 has never has either of these issues. Kangarooing was experienced by 197 owners. The 200 has restricted cold performance so you cant redline/rev high when its cold. Yes its noticibly slower when your experiencing this restricted cold performance but wouldn't go as far as saying it "kangaroos".

Clio RS 200 Raider
Just an update guys about the problem. Sat in Renault the other day for this 02 sensor only to be told after 1.5 hours sorry we ordered the wrong part. So today is take two and waiting again in Renault to fit the right part. It's strange that some people are having problems and others aren't maybe it could be this sensor.

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
I think all renaultsport clios do this when they are cold, my ph1 172 done it before I remapped it.

My 182 doesnt do this when cold and its not remapped... I didnt htink it was an issue on 1*2's (only lumpy idle when a certain sensor needs cleaning).

Clio RS 200 Raider
Sorry for the delay in posting back. The sensor problem didn't work and its still running like a dog. The issue only ever seems to be on hills and it doesn't have to be cold either, however I am now past caring and have now traded it in for the Clio Raider which I get next week, I just feel sorry for the poor sod who buys it next