ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Kangoo engine swap driveshafts

Renault Kangoo
Hi all

Im in the very early stages of a engine swap for a kangoo 2004. The old 1.4l 8v is out and im in the process of fabricating engine mounts for the new engine. Its a Honda D15B(1.5l 16v 3stage vtec) motor.

My plan was to reuse the renault halfshafts, just cut them shorter and have the honda cv splines cut into them (i already have the right cutter for that). Last night i noticed a flaw in my plan, the long side halfshaft is too short (the short side will work fine).
So heres my question is there a renault car that has a wider track than the kangoo that uses the same cv joints. I basically just want a halfshaft thats about 150mm longer than the kangoos long side halfshaft that i can then cut down to length and have honda splines cut into.

Just some pictures of the engine in the engine bay.
IMG_20221207_184341.jpg
IMG_20221215_214241.jpg
IMG_20221219_114940.jpg
IMG_20221219_114952.jpg
IMG_20221219_115018.jpg

Renault Kangoo
Oh and another question. Will the megane cv joints fit into the kangoo hubs? If they do i can use a megane halfshaft cut it shorter and then just fabricate a bracket for the carrier bearing.

Brigsy

ClioSport Club Member
  T.Turbo
Cant answer your question but if all else fails you will be able to get a custom length shaft made up from a few places.

Get a thread posted and keep us updated on progress