ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Karol_SVK's 172!

PB172,dci100,dci65
Hello everyone,

I finally decided to become a member of the forum, since a month or two ago I boungt a Clio Sport172 ph2.
I have been coming here before and found this site really usefull.
Hope to become a ClioSport Club Member after payday.

My Clio Sport172 is almost stock, I like it that way now, maybe after some track driving I will change my mind. But its a clio fan car, not a racecar so nothing extreme is going to happen.
Just had the cambelt/waterpunp changed. Looking for the engine mounts to replace and all fluids.

I have been driving clios for the last 5 years, just all of them were dcis and this is my first petrol and it keeps the smile on my face.
I still own a dci100 which is very good car for everyday use.

Have a nice day

PB172,dci100,dci65
So finally got som time to get and use Autoglym products, so here are some pictures of my Sport172.

DSC_0033.jpg

DSC_0034.jpg

DSC_0037.jpg

DSC_0040.jpg

DSC_0041.jpg

DSC_0046.jpg

PB172,dci100,dci65
Fitted a decent front splitter (from skoda roomster), looks better :), I just dont like the big number plate.

P1100630.jpg

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
Welcome to the forum :)

Car looks good but it would be 10 times better if those turinis were high power silver!

Whats that on your front grill beside the diamond?

PB172,dci100,dci65
That on the front grille is a plug for Defa engine pre-heat.

Tommorow I am going to pick up 15inch OZ Ultraleggeras in Antracite color, so I will have time to think about the High power silver color during next summer.
Thanks for the hint and welcome.

PB172,dci100,dci65
​Hi again, some news over here,

I fitted a K-tec stealth mk2 exhaust with center section and did a cleaning after this winter.
Also the OZ Ultraleggera wheels are new, but I will like the Turinins more, just have to paint them on some darker silver color

YT links:
Warm start up, reving - http://youtu.be/xUoT90B9-x8
Start and pass by - http://youtu.be/fHlqp6GOm8s

Pictures:
20130607img0338.jpg

img0276np.jpg

Not very clean at this point
img0164sp.jpg

I always wonder how will a helmet fitt with me in the clio :eek:
img0166fr.jpg

I hope you like it, comments are welcome.;)

Attachments

• 20130607img0338.jpg
    20130607img0338.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_0166.jpg
    IMG_0166.jpg
    413.2 KB · Views: 41
  PB172,dci100,dci65
Finally managed to get a brand new oem exhaust. Painted it with heat resistant color prior to instalation too make it a longer life.
Its heaven and hell compared to the K-tec Stealth exhaust. This is so quiet, I love it.

1ro9.jpg

PB172,dci100,dci65
Just had a oportunity to get Turbines for a cheap price.
When i saw them I said..oh great buy :)
Genuine color, All center caps, Center cap key included, minor damage, nothing deep. Great winter wheels I think

k8yi.jpg

PB172,dci100,dci65
Little update. Finally managed to source PS3s so here they are on turinis. Garage was full of wood so had to make some temporary. Not a showcar but does the fun factor job ;-)
negative is that weight has gone up from 12kg per quarter to 16kg per corner.

turini03.jpg

turini01x.jpg

PB172,dci100,dci65
My 172 is running well, so dont want do destroy it by modding too much, you know.
Plans are with gearbox, as i have a small oil leak at the bottom, and sometimes it crunches between 4th and 3rd gear when doing downshifts at highter revs. Maybe Quaiffe? Not sure how much is the profit from it as on the trackday i did not have much inner wheel spins. I know, wasnt trying enough:)
Otherwise just regular maintenance, time for spark plugs (2years), leads (did not change them sice bought the 172..4yrs). It gets driver very rare these days. I do 5000km/year. Maybe it will be a low miler in 10 years :)

PB172,dci100,dci65
Colour is RAL 7001 with a bit of "darkness" as on the samples i was given, the RAL 7001 looked a bit light for me. And a layer of laque on top. Twice been in oven. Colour + laque.
But I must say 2 things:
1. I wish I had stayed at the RAL 7001 without the darkness. The shiny particles are not much seen now, so looks like grey.
2. On one of the wheels the laque cracked. Not sure why. All 4 were stored in a garage for 2 years since powdercoated so cant really complain to the paintshop now. Last year I treated them with Poorboys Wheel Sealant, and did not notice the cracks.