ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Keep losing internet connection?

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
Hi, i have virgin Media XL internet. My modem is an old Telewest one, and my router is a Linksys one.

i keep losing internet connection. If i restart my computer its fine for around 15 minutes, then everything comes up as not responding?

However, the icon in the bottom corner never changes, its always saying full wifi signal, same on any mobile devices (iPhone/iPad). It never comes up with a red x or yellow error.

thing is, ive had he same internet for YEARS. Right before virgin even took over telewest, from the 512k days, and its never gone down.. Ive reently upgraded to windows 8 and its not been right since?

Any Ideas?

thanks

Short Norman

ClioSport Club Member
  997 C4S
It'll be their router or a fault on their line. We've got VM and with me working from home I notice it dropping off more than what you'd expect. The last time I had trouble with it, I rang them and when they checked our line (the whole street not just our house) had disappeared off their network. To be fair it was fixed within an hour or so.

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
Its been like it a few days though now?

literally, i turn the power off, put it back on and its instantly perfect? Its also only when im on my pc? For example, Im on my iPad now, connected to the net via wifi and its perfect, if I go on my PC which is wired via ethernet to the router, for 15 mins I bet it will all go down (inc wifi?).

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
Right it kept doing this, So I decided to by pass the router, and go direct from modem to the PC via Ethernet, an all is perfect.

However, I have no wifi now, which points to the router. Yet the router works flawlessly wireless even when the PC isnt working via wired :S

Im gonna try a different ethernet port on the router?

Polo + Micra
i had the same problem with an old ntl modem was fine right up until i upgraded to 20Mb then it kept shitting itself and least once a day and kept taking the router with it

new modem sorted it and still use the same router on my super hub now