ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

keep your eyes out for my old 172

IS PH2 172
Moving in a new house, and having a young daughter i had to let the 172 go, for a fairly dull mk 4 1.8 golf gti turbo 150 - heartbroken is an understatement :(
Keep your eyes peeled for my old 172 reg YB53UMD - id love to know where it ends up

53 Clio's & counting
the Golfs not a bad car mate, but out of interest why the change? mines due in December, is the 172 too small?

IS PH2 172
with a child seat in the back theres no leg room for a little one what so ever, fine when they are really small, but as soon as their legs reach out of the seat they end up resting legs on the seat in front! Put of getting rid of it for as long as possible, but shes 2 today so had to make a move before i was being kicked in the head

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
lol same boat as me, had to sell myne, clio was way to small, was a pain getting her in and out and push chair wouldnt fit.

Ph 1 172
dont be sayign this i got my 1st due in december...so did you struggle to find a push chair to fit in the 172 boot?

coiled 'berg
I had an omega when the kids were little, I could get half my house in that barges boot.
I have twins that are seven, they cope fine in the 172 with their booster seats, but some baby seats are like massive recaro things, surely no chance of fitting in the back of a Clio??

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I could fit a house in the back of a clio!

I've got a little un' and I drive a puma, no problems.

172 clio ph1
I have 3 kids and two still in car seats and manage fine in the clio. I just fit the younger one in the front and make dad go behind her. :D but that is mostly to stop my little dears fighting as she does fit okay in the back. she is 3 now so her legs are loads longer.

Also fit loads in the boot, pushchair and I have my tool box and cleaning box in their half the time too..and I get my shopping in.

When I had a tiny baby I had a metro and I managed okay in that too although swapped due to the crash ratings.

think it depends on the pushchairs but remember they go out of the newborn stage bit of the pushchair VERY quick. get one of the car seats that has the lock system and then its easy peasy to get them in and out. I actually looked for a lightweight pushchair for my last child. It did everything I needed too but fitted no probs in the cars I had. Sure a clio boot must be at least as big as a cinq sporting or metro boot, both of which I fitted my pushchair in.

I do also have the zafira though. And 3 doors maybe a bit of a pain when very small but trust me as a mum I find 3 doors LOADS better as they get older. No windows or doors to mess with.

Nimbus 197
Sad day when you change cars for kiddies. I did a few years back, sold one of the best spec'd Cooper Ss for a diesel Nissan Note (minis really do suck though when it comes to kids). Now have a 197 and all the room in the world. I just changed his seat (away from his huge Recaro ISO Fix one)

05 Plate MG ZR 105 Trophy
TBH, how much space you have in the back mostly depends on how tail the Driver/Passenger is imho. I am only 5" 5 and the seat is always'd pushed forward and there was loads a room - well in my mk2 ph2 1.6 16v.