ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Daily 172-182 help needed.

I'm in need of a daily commuter currently cycling or on my fireblade which is a pain leathers etc, my commute is 20miles each way and some fun quite roads, been looking at a few options such as 172/182/mx5/polo gti/golf gti.

Had both polo and golfs before so narrowed it's down to a 172/182 or mx5.
The clio would be more user friendly having a 3 year old and cyclist so that was the decisions made.

I've been hunting for several weeks now looking everywhere daily and getting fed up if I'm honest, the prices seem to be all over the place

My budget is £1200 (ish) will this get me something decent? Not expecting show standard just something that'll do a good job and that I can mess with if needed.

I've narrowed it down to these:

Car 1:
182- 05- black- 90k belts done 2015 10k ago, full history @£1400 (bids)

Car 2:
172- 04- silver - 82k belts done 2015 10k ago, history @£1300.

Car 3:
182- 04- black- 81k belts done 2015, good history @£1200 (bids) only issue 1 key and not a full v5

Car 4:
172- 02- silver- 100k- belts clutch 2016, full history @£1395.

Car 5:
182- 04- blue - 83k no info on belts (asked)- needs alternator apparently, history @£1200.

Which would you guys opt towards? Ideal world would be view them all I guess but I haven't got a week to drive all over the country

Would appreciate your advice, and anyone on here selling one similar to those and my budget let me know id rather buy a forum car

Thanks
Jason

Clio 172
Have you had a look at the cars for sale on Here? Just imo you will have a car that's been looked after by am enthusiast and your more than likely get a better car! As I bought a silver 172 on gum tree over a year ago loads of history full service history apart from cam belt needed doing which I knew About, took it to be done found out the engine wasn't original was from a scrap yard tuning was all over the place and misfired missing bolts brackets cut of a right cowboy job! But saying this had it all done runs sweet as a nut . Saying that they are not all bad just be careful and make sure they can back up everything they Say!

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Have you had a look at the cars for sale on Here? Just imo you will have a car that's been looked after by am enthusiast and your more than likely get a better car! As I bought a silver 172 on gum tree over a year ago loads of history full service history apart from cam belt needed doing which I knew About, took it to be done found out the engine wasn't original was from a scrap yard tuning was all over the place and misfired missing bolts brackets cut of a right cowboy job! But saying this had it all done runs sweet as a nut . Saying that they are not all bad just be careful and make sure they can back up everything they Say!

Yeah but none within budget which is a shame, would much prefer a forum car as you can tend to see a build thread and get a good understanding what's gone off...

Oh and car 4 has the clutch done that will save you £400 plus and when he said belts done find out how long ago was that

Yeah but compared to the others that is 2 years older with 20k more and funnily enough the one wish is miles away over 4 hours :(

Clio 172
Clio 182 silver 2004. 112,000miles. Cambelt and dephaser done at 96,000 in 2015. Stainless exhaust and de cat. Ideal track car. Contact me if interested on 07535655257

Clio 182 silver 2004. 112,000miles. Cambelt and dephaser done at 96,000 in 2015. Stainless exhaust and de cat. Ideal track car. Contact me if interested on 07535655257

Seen that one yeah bit higher mileage than wanting after sub 100k really