ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Keeping Stripes white?

whats the best way to keep my stripes white? seems that they are dulling slightly.. good polish? or would wax help keep them white?

yeah not a bad idea mate.. but its not so much they have dirt on them, more looks like they are fading... :(

00215X.jpg

106 GTi
Any chemical cleaner should make them nice and white.

Do you avoid them polishing normally?

yeah last time i took the pc out, i masked them off.. didnt want to stain them.. i avoid waxing them aswell

BMW 320d SE
I have a similar problem with my stripes too. They get a bit dull and sometimes have the odd bit of staining on them too. I tried Autoglym Intensive Tar Remover and Super Resin Polish, but had no luck with either! :(

clio 172
Methylated Spirit Brings Vinyl Up Like New Dont Avoid Waxing Or Pc Ing The Vinyl Stripes They Will Be Fine.

BMW 320d SE
Methylated Spirit Brings Vinyl Up Like New Dont Avoid Waxing Or Pc Ing The Vinyl Stripes They Will Be Fine.

mmmm.............. methylated spirit eh? I might give that a try on little bit of cloth and see how that goes.

P.S. That's quite some effort to make the first letter of each word Caps!? :S

BMW 320d SE
I washed the car yesterday and thought I'd give the meths things a go. Couldn't find ant meths, so tried white spirit instead. It did absolutely nothing! :rolleyes:

106 GTi
Has anyone tried Klasse AIO on them yet?

The likes of Meths and AG Tar and Adhesive have no cut to remove the ingrained grime.

not had a chance yet mate, still offshore, but next time im in hlafords i'll pick some up as im sure they sell it?