ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

kevs 172

ibiza cupra
it sounds nice and punchy, well it did untill i stripped the back out lol. no amp, sub or stelth shelf in there now. was thinking about selling it all but im not sure.

ibiza cupra
heres another bit of painting ive been doing lol. not really an update on the car as such but more of a step in the direction im heading in.
i plan on doing a few track days when i get chance but to do track days you need a lid. so i have aquired one from a co worker that has only been used once or twice as it belonged to his daughter to go on the back of his bike. needless to say it was a bit gay looking so i have had to work some magic on it.
heres the pics
Photo1107.gif

Photo1108.gif

Photo1109.gif

Photo1110.gif

Photo1111.gif

Photo1112.gif

Photo1113.gif

Photo1114.gif

Photo1115.gif

Photo1116.gif

Photo1117.gif

Photo1118.gif

Photo1119.gif

Photo1120.gif

Photo1121.gif

Photo1122.gif

Photo1123.gif

Photo1124.gif

its not perfect by any means at all but its alot better than what it was so im quite pleased with it. cant moan for a freebee anyway lol.

ive also got v max coilovers in the pipeline and a remap from rs tunning so that will hopfully give me a bit more.
also got santa pod coming in act so hopfully with my new bits and bobs, ill beat my pb of 15.0.
also got a rolling road day with the west mids lot so ill get some printouts up as well soon
:)

ibiza cupra
Have to to anything special to prep/paint it? Or just do it like any other plastic part?

na, just preped it the same as anything else as it already had a layer of laquer on it. i didnt want to break through the laquer as some helmets react with the paints and it weakens them.

ibiza cupra
well it had the map today and things didnt quite go to plan lol but the chaps at rs tuning worked really hard to get things sorted.
the gains wern`t masssive but there is definatly a noticable improvement and concidering the things that went against us, i think paul did very well.

first off all the ignition advance was out (or somthing like that), the timing is slightly out, the plugs were fooked, and the knock sensor was fooked amongst other things and the so called "97 ron fuel" from sainsurys i had put in turns out to be crap, so i wont be using that any more.
when it first went on the roillers it made 163bhp atf but when we were done, it was making 170 atf so all things concidered, i think he did a really good job.
heres some pics anyway

Photo1139.gif

Photo1140.gif

heres one of the first runs it did when paul was fault finding lol.
Photo1141.gif

and heres the end results.
Photo1142.gif

Photo1143.gif

just want to say a big thanks to the guys at rs tuning for all there hard work, cheers fellas and i hope to see you at santa pod soon ;).

Edd

ClioSport Club Member
  Ghibli/Boxster/197T
Just read the whole thread, you're certainly talented mate! What's up with Sainsburys super unleaded, is it just because it's ron 97 instead of 98/99?

ibiza cupra
cheers mate:)
dont know what wrong with it, paul just said that it was crap and that he couldnt play with the timeing on it or somthing so i have started useing v power but i have to travel about 10 miles to my nearist shell garage lol. luckily its on the way to my moms house so i just go on the way home.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Just sat and read the whole thing from the beginning (I know I've commented before, but never read it all).

Awesome work all the way through tbh, showing real dedication!

A question though (painting related).

How are you getting such clean lines with masking tape?

I tried masking a lip on a wheel the other day, thought I did it pretty much perfect, took off the tape, and the edge was pants?

Is it a certain tape you use or something?

ibiza cupra
yeah you need to use fine line tape mate. its the same stuff they use to do all the pinstiping and ghost flames and stuff.

ibiza cupra
well these arived on thursday but no sign of the coil overs yet.
Photo1188.gif

they took they money for the coilovers on thursday so im hopeing ill have them tommorow so ill fit them on tuesday :)

also did a rolling road day with the clio sport crew yestaday and it was a wicked turnout with a great atmosphere. the car also made roughly the same power as at rs tuning so im happy that nothing has gone wrong yet lol.
heres a few pics of the day
Photo1193.gif

Photo1194.gif

Photo1195.gif

Photo1196.gif

Photo1198.gif

Photo1201.gif

Photo1205.gif

Photo1208.gif

Photo1210.gif

Photo1209.gif

all the pics are here http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?540626-Tour-De-Force-Rolling-Road-Day-Results

oh yeah, ive also done a boring service on it lol.
off to santa pod again next weekend so im gonna try my hardest to beat my 14.9 :evil:.

ibiza cupra
had a prezzie come to work today :)
Photo1249.gif

Photo1250.gif

booked tommorow off work so i can get them fitted for the weekend.
any idea what these are for though/
Photo1252.gif

heres the other side of it.
Photo1253.gif

are the for the rears to go under the nut on the top of the shock inside the car?
also, any hints and tips on fitting would be great as i have done suspention before but not coilovers.
cheers :)

ibiza cupra
well i fitted the coilies today and tbh, it wasnt as bad as i thought it would be. i did the ball joints first as i though it would be easyer to loosen them with the tension still in the legs so did them and it only took me an hour if that :) .
then i got started on the fronts as i thought they would take a while to do but i had finished the whole thing by 12;15.
i then thought it would be a good idea to get it on the wheel bearer at work as it was free and thats when the fun and games started.
firstly i had to remove the splitter as it wouldnt go on the ramp with it on. then i realised the camber was fcuked and the tops of the tyres were rubbing on the coilovers so had a quick adjustment of that. i then put all the laser readers on and my toe was out by miles so adjusted the one side no problem, the other side however just did not want to play ball. after a few choice words, i ended up getting the stanners heat machine on it to warm it up (does the same as oxy accetaline but without a flame). finally cracked it in the end after going back and forth as you adjust the camber and it threw the toe out so had to redo that :( and didnt finish that till 4:15 :( took me just as long to set them up as it did to fit them lol.
heres the pics anyway :)
Photo1256.gif

Photo1257.gif

Photo1258.gif

Photo1259.gif

now for the coilies
Photo1255.gif

Photo1260.gif

Photo1261.gif

Photo1262.gif

Photo1263.gif

Photo1264.gif

Photo1266.gif

Photo1267.gif

Photo1268.gif

Photo1269.gif

Photo1270.gif

Photo1272.gif

Photo1273.gif

Photo1274.gif

Photo1275.gif

Photo1276.gif

Photo1277.gif

Photo1278.gif

Photo1279.gif

Photo1280.gif

Photo1281.gif

Photo1282.gif

Photo1283.gif

Photo1284.gif

Photo1285.gif

Photo1286.gif

Photo1289.gif

Photo1290.gif

Photo1291.gif

Photo1292.gif

Photo1294.gif

Photo1295.gif

Photo1297.gif

Photo1298.gif

Photo1299.gif

Photo1300.gif

Photo1301.gif

Photo1302.gif

Photo1303.gif

Photo1304.gif

Photo1305.gif

Photo1306.gif

Photo1307.gif

Photo1308.gif

Photo1309.gif

Photo1310.gif

Photo1311.gif

then when i got home, i gave it a good ol` clean and here it is as it stands :)
Photo1315.gif

Photo1316.gif

now i just need to decide whats next lol.

ibiza cupra
just posted a guide on how i fitted the coilovers so that should be up soon for anyone wanting to know.

ibiza cupra
well its been a while lol. not much has happened really, managed to get a 14.8 run at santa pod which i was chuffed about but also had a few problems too.
had to fit a new power sterring pump as the bearing that the pullie bolts onto was just about to give way which was a right pain in the arse to do and caused lots of swearing lol

38a584b0.gif

765a2837.gif

d83fcea9.gif

also managed to snap the tensioner putting it back together so a new one of them had to go on too :(

1721e99d.gif

ive also just had to put 4 new tyres on :( and the immobiliser has been playing up so i think i may need a new key and also the alarm has been playing up to so ive had to disconect it for now untill i get the clifford that i decided on which shouldnt be too long hopfully lol.

also had a bash at my faded headlights today and im quite pleased with the results. its only taken me 4 years to get round to doing them lol

before...
a4b8335a.gif

after...
5ed5b143.gif

makes the car look so much cleaner even when its filthy lol
ebbc217c.gif

hoping to give her a good detailing sess soon as shes long over due one so me and reyes are gonna make a weekend of it when the weather holds up

ibiza cupra
did this today so i thought id share it with you all.

2b804a16.gif

851a6dbe.gif

4330bdf2.gif

dont worry, there is mesh in there too lol
5d0e6952.gif

75b28ade.gif

26b1beb1.gif

505fefa8.gif

c7598c33.gif

and finally, a bit of plastic texure paint to make it look OEM
017f990e.gif

the finished look
ab16fea3.gif

TT QS
theyre sat next to me at the mo. got them wednesday for my bday. not sure when ill have them fitted yet but sooner the better would be ace

ibiza cupra
theyre sat next to me at the mo. got them wednesday for my bday. not sure when ill have them fitted yet but sooner the better would be ace
stop being a gay and fit them yourself lol. id get new top mounts whilst your at it too. save having to take it all apart to change them and they are probly fooked anyway lol

TT QS
we shall see. its not something i have any kind of faith in myself doing to be honest :( looking into top mounts. have you got any suggestions?

ibiza cupra
i just put new standard ones on mine but if you can afford it then go for some solid adjustable ones.

cheers mate, what you driving round in atm? still in the beemer?

Sold the 197, meaning I was using the e34 for weekends and the Ibiza for work and Sarah had the z3. Alternator went on the e34 and with the other faults it still had it was too far gone so scrapped it. Work then decided they were selling the pool car ands have me a car allowance so I'm now rocking a 1.7 puma as I was skint as I had just bought a house. All hood though, always fancied a Puma and tbh it's pretty good.

ibiza cupra
Sold the 197, meaning I was using the e34 for weekends and the Ibiza for work and Sarah had the z3. Alternator went on the e34 and with the other faults it still had it was too far gone so scrapped it. Work then decided they were selling the pool car ands have me a car allowance so I'm now rocking a 1.7 puma as I was skint as I had just bought a house. All hood though, always fancied a Puma and tbh it's pretty good.
im sure you will get that porche one day mate ;)

None
Kev - amazing work mate, just wondering how you got your lights to come up so well? Mine are a right state, not sure how to go about sorting them, they have that wierd greenish film on them