ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

kevs 172

ibiza cupra
cheers mate :) .
just keep flatting them with 1500 wet and dry with a rubber flatting block and plenty of water untill the film has all gone. then do it again with the 2000 wet and dry to get rid of the scratches left from the 1500. then machine polish them with a cutting compound like g3 and they should come up nice.
not a hard job really just be carefull with the machine polisher.

None
Ah thanks mate, don't reckon I could get access to a machine polisher - just out of interest, if you were doing the work for someone how much do you reckon you'd charge for doing a set of them? When my funds improve (having just had the dephaser fixed :() it's one of the first things on my list to sort!

ibiza cupra
Ah thanks mate, don't reckon I could get access to a machine polisher - just out of interest, if you were doing the work for someone how much do you reckon you'd charge for doing a set of them? When my funds improve (having just had the dephaser fixed :() it's one of the first things on my list to sort!
get a pic up and ill let you know. wouldnt be alot anyway as its not really a hard job :)

ibiza cupra
This time next year my garage won't be empty!
glad to hear it. we`ll have to sort another rr day out when youve got it :).
should have the clio itb`d by then (ooops, let the cat out of the bag there for those not on my facebook lol)

ibiza cupra
gonna fit them myself and probly get it mapped by tdf. might go for some cams too but it depends on funds lol.

clio 172
something to do with engine management limiting it until gearbox or engine is up to temp mine starts at 6750 then when hot goes to 7500 (mapped)

ibiza cupra
Lol just seen my posts in here, this time in 10 days my garage won't be empty, nevermind next year!

already got my new one :evil:. also bidding on some forged rods, gonna get some forged wossener pistons for it and bang. 400bhp here i come =D

ibiza cupra
you know what, ive been driveing the cupra round for the last week and so farim loving it and it has accually exceeded my expectaions. i heard the handle like a shopping trolly yet suprisingly, this one accually handles really well because its on coilovers. the power is ALOT more than the clio too lol so thats good fun. the only thing i have to moan about really is i have to switch on my own lights and wipers haha

ibiza cupra
yeah, ill be back in the clio as from tomorrow as i only had the cupra insured for a week so i could pick up on any bits that need doing. as it happens there are a few little bits and bobs but ill do them now that it will be coming off the road.

You'll have to pop round mate and see what I've got myself in for, either in the Clio or the Ibiza when it's back on the road.