ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Key fob broken

Clio 182 cup
Anyone know the best place in or around Glasgow to get a new key cut and programed for my 182 and a rough price the central lock button broke but can still get in and start the car using the key blade would just rather I didn't have to keep going round the passenger side to get in and lock the car and would rather avoid paying stealership prices

Short Norman

ClioSport Club Member
  997 C4S
Anyone know the best place in or around Glasgow to get a new key cut and programed for my 182 and a rough price the central lock button broke but can still get in and start the car using the key blade would just rather I didn't have to keep going round the passenger side to get in and lock the car and would rather avoid paying stealership prices
Have you opened up the key to see if the micro switch hasn’t just fallen off. If it has you could just get it soldered back on.

Clio 182 cup
Yeah opened it all up nothing fell out so guessing it's all still there the button on the acual key has split right down the middle so whenever you press it it won't lock or unlock the doors tried changing the battery to see but that didn't work either so guessing it just need a new key

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
Yeah opened it all up nothing fell out so guessing it's all still there the button on the acual key has split right down the middle so whenever you press it it won't lock or unlock the doors tried changing the battery to see but that didn't work either so guessing it just need a new key
replace the button, or remove the chip in there and put it on a new board and you wont need to code s**t

182 clio
I bought 2 new keys for my c max for peanuts of eBay place in rutherglen to get them cut I think in total it was 24 quid roulghy Inc keys.
Same seller sells Clio keys to quick delivery.

182 clio
Did you swap the board over from your keys into the new housings?
With the c max no got them cut and programmed the chips to ecu.
With fords you can program a new key if you have 2 keys programmed.
Which I did, I had prov spec spare and wife had a well used 3 button key.
So decided to buy 2 3 button keys complete with chips and boards for 15 quid and about 9 to get them laser cut due to being a flat blade key.
I've not got round to getting a 3rd key for Clio yet.
Going off the cmax keys they are of good quality not made of chineseium.
Here's a pic of said c max key.
15747765558286188841755942441325.jpg15747765851128571332876914028866.jpg15747766301187945820234570049341.jpg

They look decent. Good prices too!

I was quoted £65 for a second key for my Corsa from Timpsons. Considering the car is probably worth less than that I never went ahead with it. I had assumed it would be a similar price to sort my Clio key out.

182 clio
They look decent. Good prices too!

I was quoted £65 for a second key for my Corsa from Timpsons. Considering the car is probably worth less than that I never went ahead with it. I had assumed it would be a similar price to sort my Clio key out.
I'm sure with Renault they need programmed to the ECU with clip or likes of..