ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

key not working for central locking 172 cup????

172 CUP
Hi guys i picked up my new 172 cup yesterday on a 03 reg quite clean too. After getting home i realised the central locking was not working and when i texted the guy he said i lock it by the lock on the door which doesn't lock the boot or pass side door unless i press the lock button on the dash Great!. I was going to try a new battery but i don't think its that it looks like there is a piece missing from the inside of the key' . Can anybody post me a pic up of the inside of the chip board in the key to see if mine looks the same or if somethings fallen out of it? . Thanks again .

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
13802C18-68C3-4B7A-81FB-063A958BE144_zpsxaavvogp.jpg
C83B7029-22AA-471A-BBFE-9E48F33FFA55_zpslxgchook.jpg

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
Is the battery pushed in properly. Mine stopped working the otherday because of that

172 CUP
do you have a pic of the other side of the chip in it too please i know for certain the black rubbery bit is missing,

2002 clio 172
do you have a pic of the other side of the chip in it too please i know for certain the black rubbery bit is missing,

Is the red light showing when you press the button on the key?
My spare broke recently, on the other side of the chip, there's a small black button. That had broken off. Got engineer at work to solder it back on.

172 CUP
hi yep the switch has broken off it and looks knackered so it looks like il have to get it in for repairs somewhere hopefully.

2002 clio 172
hi yep the switch has broken off it and looks knackered so it looks like il have to get it in for repairs somewhere hopefully.

The two bits on either side of the switch, if you touch both bits at same time with a key or something metal, it should unlock and lock your car.