ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Kierans 1.2 Clio Campus Sport Project

Corolla T-Sport
A few changes since the last update. Bought a sub, cost me next to nothing of a mate who had it sitting in his garage. Sound quality is good, justing running it with sony xplod headunit and standard speakers.

I also DIY re-furbed my scuffed alloys, I went of BMW sparkling graphite, which has turned out darker than expected. I have got used to the colour and am beginning to like it. I used halyards paint and it cost me £40 overall, the finish is average, but for the money can't complain.

Also removed the 'sport' badges off the door pillar, prefer the cleaner lines.

Apologies for the dirty car, a full detail is coming up this week before the French car show. She will be on the Cliosport stand.

Comments and suggestions welcomed, can someone also recommend me a durable trim dressing/restorer, under £15?

DSC_3735.JPG
DSC_3736.JPG
DSC_3737.JPG
DSC_3739.JPG
DSC_3740.JPG
DSC_3741.JPG
DSC_3742.JPG

Attachments

• DSC_3734.JPG
    DSC_3734.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 99
  • DSC_3738.JPG
    DSC_3738.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 58
  clio campus sport
Looks good mate ! One of my sport badges on the door fell off so i ended up taking them off a while ago ! As for a trim dressing i highly reccomend autoglym trim restorer ! I use it on my car and in work on the sales cars seems durable doesnt leave a cheap look shine and it seems to last wash after wash hope this helps :)

Corolla T-Sport
Looks good mate ! One of my sport badges on the door fell off so i ended up taking them off a while ago ! As for a trim dressing i highly reccomend autoglym trim restorer ! I use it on my car and in work on the sales cars seems durable doesnt leave a cheap look shine and it seems to last wash after wash hope this helps :smile:

Thanks man, mine were stuck on pretty well, seems the lettering is slightly imprinted onto the paintwork, only noticeable if you study it though. Sounds good, ideal as the local halfords has some and 3for2 atm. Can you do the tyres with it too?
You going to FCS?

B93

Clio 1.2 16v
Awesome Clio, looks really clean! I had a quick question about your silvervisions, where did you get them and what fitting are they? I found some PY21W fitment ones for a good price, but i dont have time (ie I'm too lazy) to work out what will fit. I'm assuming that the fitment will be the same on your campus as on my Dynamique. Cheers!

T12

ClioSport Club Member
  Monaco Clio 172
Awesome Clio, looks really clean! I had a quick question about your silvervisions, where did you get them and what fitting are they? I found some PY21W fitment ones for a good price, but i dont have time (ie I'm too lazy) to work out what will fit. I'm assuming that the fitment will be the same on your campus as on my Dynamique. Cheers!

Yes mate, I have a Dynamique, so I can confirm its a PY21W fitment.

clio campus sport
Thanks man, mine were stuck on pretty well, seems the lettering is slightly imprinted onto the paintwork, only noticeable if you study it though. Sounds good, ideal as the local halfords has some and 3for2 atm. Can you do the tyres with it too?
You going to FCS?
Yeah its indented on mine :/ as for tyres you could try it but it proberbly wouldnt leave a shine personally i use meguiars endurance tyre gel its brill stuff ! I wish i was going fcs mate :( should have booked it but never mind, im sure there will be other events soon :)

Corolla T-Sport
Finish college apart from exams, so had some time on my hands to do some detailing. She is all ready for FCS this weekend.

Here is a list of the products and methods I used:
Washed - Autoglym shampoo conditioner
De tar - Autoglym tar remover
De Iron - Iron x
Clayed - Dodo juice clay bar and lube
Polish - Autoglym SRP
Sealant - Autoglym EGP
Wax - Autoglym HD (for a little extra shine)
Trim Dressing - Megs trim restorer

It really could do with a going over with a DA but I can't bring myself to spend the money on one. I'll keep and eye out for a second hand one, as I don't want to go Silverline, i've been advised away from these.

11425276_1069054809789815_181393979_o.jpg
11423703_1069054543123175_1874134638_o.jpg
11420383_1069054773123152_1309419099_o.jpg
11348724_1069054736456489_426396120_o.jpg
11348705_1069054606456502_497398693_o.jpg

Renault Clio Mk2
just stumbled upon this! really clean looking car, looks great with those clean plates and new springs! think you've inspired me to get some new plates and lower mine haha!

Corolla T-Sport
I was distraught to find that my car was the highest on the cliosport.net stand at FCS. Therefore I've decided when the funds allow it to go for a cheap set of coilovers, which of course means spacers too and maybe the addition of a sports interior.
Undecided whether to take the car to uni, it will drain the bank and only be used for pleasure as everything in Nottingham is in walking/biking distance. If I don't it will be put into storage, so I am keeping it for a good few years yet.
Anyway here are a few pics from FCS
60227345-1O3C4048.jpg
60227344-1O3C4047.jpg
11243719_1006690216010495_542739467082799351_n.jpg
10408533_1006689276010589_4620368978724939733_n.jpg

just stumbled upon this! really clean looking car, looks great with those clean plates and new springs! think you've inspired me to get some new plates and lower mine haha!
Thanks mate, that's what it's all about, how low are you thinking? Plates are pence, got mine for £10 of eBay and the quality is decent!

Clio RS
the reason was I tried to mount the original Grill like yours on my MK2 II and this wont fit in the middle. It was completly diffrent.

Renault Clio Mk2
I was distraught to find that my car was the highest on the cliosport.net stand at FCS. Therefore I've decided when the funds allow it to go for a cheap set of coilovers, which of course means spacers too and maybe the addition of a sports interior.
Undecided whether to take the car to uni, it will drain the bank and only be used for pleasure as everything in Nottingham is in walking/biking distance. If I don't it will be put into storage, so I am keeping it for a good few years yet.
Anyway here are a few pics from FCS
View attachment 129569 View attachment 129568 View attachment 129567 View attachment 129566

Thanks mate, that's what it's all about, how low are you thinking? Plates are pence, got mine for £10 of eBay and the quality is decent!
Yeah I've seen the eBay plates! Can you get me a link of the ones you bought, quality can be a bit hit and miss on eBay!

gambit

ClioSport Club Member
  182 Trophy
Great looking car and good photos too ;)
Really like the look of your car and the work done to it.

Corolla T-Sport
Yeah I've seen the eBay plates! Can you get me a link of the ones you bought, quality can be a bit hit and miss on eBay!

I've had a look through my eBay history for you and the seller was called 'autosounds_direct'. However from a quick browse I don't think they do plates anymore.

Great looking car and good photos too :wink:
Really like the look of your car and the work done to it.

Thanks pal. Spent a long time looking through your photos from the show, some lovely shots!
Is photography a hobby or profession? The website you had them on was very professional.

Corolla T-Sport
Little update:
I carried out a mini service was 10,000 miles since the last, consisting of oil filter, oil and air filter, plugs were done a month of so ago.
I discovered yellow gunk under the oil filler cap, which I have been assured is most probably condensation, common for the 1.2 16v engine. This is possibly caused by many short journeys. After having nothing to do all yesterday I rang up a mate and we went for a drive, to try and really heat the engine and get rid of the gunk. We went up on the hills to get some shots as well. His corsa gets pretty abused but I think it looks alright for what it is. Looking into spacers for the front as my next purchase, thinking 20mm. Also some new bulbs for main and dipped beam and a richmond gear knob.
11650844_1080528088642487_1870190442_n.jpg

IMG_2697.JPG
DSC_3912.JPG
DSC_3845.JPG
DSC_3849.JPG
DSC_3851.JPG
DSC_3854.JPG

Corolla T-Sport
Can't stop myself from spending money on this car, meant to be saving for holiday haha.

Firstly I upgraded to osram nightbreakers, they are more yellow than my side lights still, haven't had a chance to fully test them as it gets dark really late atm. Also upgraded the number plate light to an LED one.

The gear knob insert was looking a little sorry for itself so I sanded it back and re-painted it in the exterior colour, then I used a sticker and lacquered over the top. I feel it's come out well. Sticker is a little high and not the best quality but it's very small scale.

Finally I went with a mate to the scrapyard looking for some bits for his car, I found so spacers with extended bolts which were 4x100. The geezer only wanted a 5er for them. So I now have 20mm spacers on the front, going to search for some 15mm for the back.

11667855_1083933691635260_1451609977_n.jpg
11652257_1083933684968594_286948978_n.jpg
11652237_1083931794968783_285264317_n.jpg

Corolla T-Sport
With uni a couple months away i've been debating what to do with cars. Either keep the clio and take it to uni because it's cheap to run, or upgrade to something quicker (was looking at 6N2 gti's and corolla t-sports) and leave the car at home. I checked with my insurers and either of those cars would be £400 more on the insurance for the year, not really worth the costs imo, so I am keeping the clio probably for another year or two, when insurance costs will hopefully drop.

I am happy with how it's sitting at the moment, I'm toying with a few ideas such as a black roof wrap, 3/4 plate for the front, rear spacers and a sport interior. Opinions on these and other suggestions welcomed. Some of these will happen once i've back from my holiday with the lads, providing I haven't spunked all my money in zante haha!

Anyway I treated it to a full detail. I am happy with the results, the paint comes up very well. However not having a DA means I struggle to get the swirls out fully, there is only so much AG SRP can do by hand.

DSC_3914 (1).jpg
DSC_3915.jpg
DSC_3918.jpg
DSC_3920.jpg
DSC_3921.jpg

Corolla T-Sport
Change of plan means the car is being returned to standard and sold. University means it will be sat at home for months on end. I will stay on the site as there is some top content to browse through and hopefully have another project thread in the future.

Change of plan means the car is being returned to standard and sold. University means it will be sat at home for months on end. I will stay on the site as there is some top content to browse through and hopefully have another project thread in the future.
im at uni and now im second year i can take the car xD

youll love the feeling of coming home and driving again, realizing why you loved driving it in the first place!

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin

Sad times!

Goad to hear you'll be staying part of the club though :up:

318i e46, 323ti e36
Can't stop myself from spending money on this car, meant to be saving for holiday haha.

Firstly I upgraded to osram nightbreakers, they are more yellow than my side lights still, haven't had a chance to fully test them as it gets dark really late atm. Also upgraded the number plate light to an LED one.

The gear knob insert was looking a little sorry for itself so I sanded it back and re-painted it in the exterior colour, then I used a sticker and lacquered over the top. I feel it's come out well. Sticker is a little high and not the best quality but it's very small scale.

Finally I went with a mate to the scrapyard looking for some bits for his car, I found so spacers with extended bolts which were 4x100. The geezer only wanted a 5er for them. So I now have 20mm spacers on the front, going to search for some 15mm for the back.

View attachment 130239 View attachment 130238 View attachment 130237
Got some 25s that looked great on the front of my dci that was lowered 60mm with 20mm at the rear pm me if your interested will do 50 quid posted. Sorry to hijack your thread. Car looks spot on think the non sports are overlooked for modifying if you don't do anything to drastic they always look smart. Keep up the good work

318i e46, 323ti e36
Got some 25s that looked great on the front of my dci that was lowered 60mm with 20mm at the rear pm me if your interested will do 50 quid posted. Sorry to hijack your thread. Car looks spot on think the non sports are overlooked for modifying if you don't do anything to drastic they always look smart. Keep up the good work
Just seen your last post lol mods feel free to delete my previous. Good luck with selling!