ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Klunk

I have fitted lowering springs over the weekend to my mk2 ph2. I am getting a 'klunk' noise and vibration from the drivers side front suspention when doing less than 10mph turning left or right, there is no noise when driving and cornering otherwise, anyone know whats wrong how to fix it, I don't have any probs with the off side suspension.

Hmm, I've just fitted Koni adjustables and springs to my 172 and I'm getting the same thing. I'm thinking it's because I haven't tightened the top bolts that hold the struts in place tight enough as the 'klunk' noise is similar to the noise you get when you slacken that nut and it just turns the suspension.

On that note - anyone any idea how I get these tight enough with Konis? On the oem struts you can use the allen key head in the top but you can't with the Konis as the adjuster is there. Do I need to resort to holding the suspensionn with a rag and mole grips?

not sure mate they should be tight because they were undone and tightened using a compressor gun. I think it could be the top mount screw thing does anyone have any ideas.

Check the driveshaft for damaged gaiter plus check the bottom ball joint for damage.

As for the top mount use a spanner quick no need to go massivly tight.

Well, I got mine sorted. Turns out that lowering it knocked the tracking waaaaay off - guy at the garage who sorted it said he hadn't seen one so bad for a while. It's supposed to be .5 degree toed out but they were 8 and 10 degree toed in! So the slow speed clunk is one wheel skipping on the surface as the other wheel tries to go a different way.

It's a pity it also wore 50% off my new front tyres :-(