ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

knock sensor for omex 600

bob the builder

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
hi everyone.
I run a omex 600 ecu in my clio race car and currently have no knock sensor but when I have stripped my engine as end of season all the pistons have signs of detonation on them and are now scrap.
so I need to fit a sensor for when I rebuild it as I cant afford for that to happen again.
I have spoke to omex and they said I need a resonant type (single wire) but I have no idea which one I need.
can anyone help , or have done similar

many thanks rob

Sigmamark

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW 530 Touring
hi everyone.
I run a omex 600 ecu in my clio race car and currently have no knock sensor but when I have stripped my engine as end of season all the pistons have signs of detonation on them and are now scrap.
so I need to fit a sensor for when I rebuild it as I cant afford for that to happen again.
I have spoke to omex and they said I need a resonant type (single wire) but I have no idea which one I need.
can anyone help , or have done similar

many thanks rob

I have got this which came with a motor and Omex 600 which was piggybacked onto the original Clio loom. I believe that it is a knock sensor, but could be totally wrong. It can be yours for the cost of the postage if you think it might help.
999B2007-F53D-448E-8A16-81B4DA24CCEA.jpeg

bob the builder

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
thanks for the offer but not sure what that is to be fair.
the standard sensor has 2 pins but not sure what wires go to it on the original loom as mine is standalone.
now i have been told that the standard sensor is a resonant type but have no idea how to wire it in .
the omex manual says that it goes to pin 10b but don't know where to connect the other side too ,or which side of the sensor goes to what.
cheers

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
thanks for the offer but not sure what that is to be fair.
the standard sensor has 2 pins but not sure what wires go to it on the original loom as mine is standalone.
now i have been told that the standard sensor is a resonant type but have no idea how to wire it in .
the omex manual says that it goes to pin 10b but don't know where to connect the other side too ,or which side of the sensor goes to what.
cheers
Who’s mapping it mate? I personally don’t think you need a knock sensor. It’s a mapping issue that’s fucked those pistons imo.

neil a

ClioSport Club Member
I have got this which came with a motor and Omex 600 which was piggybacked onto the original Clio loom. I believe that it is a knock sensor, but could be totally wrong. It can be yours for the cost of the postage if you think it might help.
View attachment 1436662

Thats for the crank sensor if your still using the standard ecu to run the dash , it basically boost the crank signal so both emu's can get a strong signal.

Sigmamark

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW 530 Touring
Thats for the crank sensor if your still using the standard ecu to run the dash , it basically boost the crank signal so both emu's can get a strong signal.

Thanks Neil. They say every day is a school day and today certainly was! 😁