ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Knocking banging sound??

OJD

clio 172 ph1
if the car is accelerating it makes this noise looks asif the cat is banging off the subframe l cant fit my finger in between the gap of the pipe and the subframe it has a polybushed dogbone mount and the rest of the mounts are standard what are peoples views on this? get a fabricator to make me up an exhaust system that gives me more space between the exhaust and the subframe or buy the ktec uprated mounts would this stop all engine movement and prevent the exhaust from banging on the subframe all views and input appreciated

thanks Owen

boomerbang2006

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172,2001
Ive already replaced the upper engine mount for the k-tec one and made loads of difference,but.....to completely end the "banging sound",i need the upper gearbox one too,which is my next purchase.

Exhaust mounts ok? I had a banging sounded like around the cat area turns out it was the rear hangers totally perished.

Looking for 182
Dos it sound like it's coming from underneath the gearstick area?

I used to have a similar knocking, I tried to record it at the time, not sure if you'll be able to hear it in this video:

[youtube]LfkbE0G_sns[/youtube]

Anyway, I took it to a garage and they reseated the engine in order to stop the manifold banging on something (not sure what), but whatever they did, it fixed it. So maybe the engine is seated in a way which causes the manifold to knock when you put your foot down.

LY 220 Trophy+IB PH1
You can also loosen of the mounts and jimmy the engine forward with a long bar I believe.

OJD

clio 172 ph1
Ive already replaced the upper engine mount for the k-tec one and made loads of difference,but.....to completely end the "banging sound",i need the upper gearbox one too,which is my next purchase.

So well worth the money then and should eliminate my knocking completly with both mounts?

Exhaust mounts ok? I had a banging sounded like around the cat area turns out it was the rear hangers totally perished.

yeah had a good look underneath and they all look good

Dos it sound like it's coming from underneath the gearstick area?

I used to have a similar knocking, I tried to record it at the time, not sure if you'll be able to hear it in this video:

[youtube]LfkbE0G_sns[/youtube]

Anyway, I took it to a garage and they reseated the engine in order to stop the manifold banging on something (not sure what), but whatever they did, it fixed it. So maybe the engine is seated in a way which causes the manifold to knock when you put your foot down.

the only way l could do that am guessing is loosen all the mounts and postion it differently!

Thanks for all the feedback folks :)