ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Knocking coming from front right wheel....

...now i've fitted my new wheels (Cup Turinis) onto my 1.4 16v clio and also lowering it another 10mm (in total about 60-70mm) its started making this knocking noise when driving but only on the front right... I've read through some threads and some say CV joint... some say driveshaft!! I'm thinking it might be something like my wheel catching on my coilover maybe...

I stuck my hand around the top of the wheel and there is literally no gap whatsoever between wheel/tyre and coilover.. :(

I tried to record the noise when coming home just now.. you might have to turn your speakers up quite abit to hear it properly.

Any help and any tips to finding out what it could be would be great.

th_Video025-1.gif

th_Video025.gif

Adam

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
that sounds VERY much like lose wheel bolts.. take the wheel off make sure its perfectly flat and tightened up before dropping it down. mine did exaxctly the same

Ok Thanks Laura, will give it a go when I get home :)

....The top of the tyre is very close to the coilover though... i'd say about 2mm gap...

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
please be careful if it is the wheel bolts the wheel could potentially come off

the tyre wouldnt produce a knocking noise as it would be a scuffing as it would the the rubber, when you take the wheel off to check the bolts, have a look on the strut there will be a clean part if it is scrubbing... then you will need spacers, if you tyre is rubbing its pretty dangerous too as it will get hot and potentially blow out

Clio 172 sport
I have the same problem, i think its the suspension arm. it only makes a noise when i pull off...

Its annoying.. any other ideas?

Mine is now fixed... Thanks Laura :) Can't believe I forgot to tighten them bolts! Just took it around the block and it all seems fine.. still seems quite close to the suspension though, might have to get some 10mm spacers or try and put my 20mm back on.

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
christ, Laura being technical!!!!!!! got those longer bolts yet? ;)
hey im more technical than you may belive..

ive been working on cars sinse i was wee....not much i cant do myself, the more hard work stuff i let others do purely because i cant be arsed lol

and nope lol

be reet