ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Knocking from passenger side rear since installing Coilovers- Help

Hi All,

As the title says, i recently installed some new BC racing DS series coilovers from Kam racing. Took it for its first proper drive out yesterday and noticed a knocking coming from what sounds like the passenger side rear.

Check usual suspects, strut is tight, spring is sat right, wheel nuts are on tight. Cant seem to locate the knocking when parked up.

Has anyone else had this issue? Could it be a faulty strut?

it of course is more noticeable the more bumps on the road i go over etc.

Any help would be appreciated.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
I once fitted a set of AP coilovers to a mk2 and had a knocking from the rear, I went over everything 10x, rear shocks back off, they looked identical to Renault dampers in dimensions on both ends where they mount to the car, used the Renault rubber top mounts, swapped to the genuine dampers and knocking went away, back to the AP's knocking returned. AP replaced the dampers, still knocking, Put a pair of Apex rear dampers on it, solved.....