ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Knocking from rear

106 gti
Hi guys!

So I have a knocking noise on my 200 when going over bumps,hitting bumps, potholes etc!

It’s coming from the rear and was certain it was the standard boot latch knock, adjusted the striker plate about 15 times then replaced the actual mechanism as they’re cheap and still no luck. Also removed the diffuser and taken the heat shield off.
Chucked a scorpion on it last week and mounts seemed ok and the car doesn’t have rear seats so literally what else could it be?! Suspension looks ok but it’s hard to tell with shocks isn’t it they’re not leaking or anything.

Any help appreciated.
Thanks, Lewis

monaco 172
Not sure if a 200 is the same setup as a 172 but if it is just unbolt the shock off the rear axel and check it that way, it will soon become apparent if a seal has gone.

106 gti
Thanks mate will give that a go, yeah the rear is pretty similar to my old 182 from what I can see

Pumba

ClioSport Club Member
hello-from-the-otherside-imust-of-knocked-thousand-times-21207547.png
sorry it's not helpful just made me think of this

182 Trophy
I had a similar knocking and it turned out to be the brake caliper bolts needed tightening up. When going over bumps the caliper was able to bounce and knock on the rim.

It drove me mad for days!

106 gti
Thanks mate will take a look at the weekend, do get a slight high pitched squeak when reversing very occasionally so maybe linked then! Thanks

182 Trophy
What eventually led me to the caliper was the noise went away when breaking so it could be worth feathering the brake a bit and see if it helps.

I'd got very worried it was my rear shocks which are expensive.

106 gti
What eventually led me to the caliper was the noise went away when breaking so it could be worth feathering the brake a bit and see if it helps.

I'd got very worried it was my rear shocks which are expensive.
Hmm will have to give it a go and see if it stops as I brake but I’m not sure it does. Yeah everything is pointing towards shocks for me unfortunately just need to find the time to get them off and have a look ?