ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Knocking sound from rear

Scirocco GT 210
Annoying knocking sound from the rear of the car, it's been getting worse recently.

It sounds like there is something in the boot banging about, but there's nothing in the boot and the spare wheel isn't knocking.

I reckon it's either the exhaust or (more likely) my rear suspension. Is there any easy way to check to see if my rear suspension is knackered? And how much various bits will cost to replace?

Thanks.

Clio 172
I have had a knocking noise from the front of car and have had it checked all round by a dealer who can't find anything. I thought it might have been the c.v joint or driveshaft but aparently not!! One of my springs is broken right enough which i'm getting replaced but would that make a noise? I've had it for a couple of months now and it still knocking but hasn't been getting worse. I'm going to wait and see if my new springs make a dif of or not. If not then i'm stumped. Anyone got any ideas?

I had this exact same problem - kept checking the boot, was convinced something was knocking around

Have a look underneath at the rear shocks - if any of them look moist then your leaking fluid and the shocks knackered. The pool of fluid on the driveway was a bit of a giveaway for me..!

Anyway, got mine done on warranty, fine now. reading around seems a common problem though

Civic Type-R
Ive got the same annoying knock! Had it for like a year now. I put some rubber rings around the middle seatbelt magnet thing. Sound deadened the plastic thing inside the boot. Tightened all the screws and took everything out the boot, still couldnt find it. Its not the exhaust either. Maybe I better check my shocks then.....

I remember when I had a knocking sound coming from the rear of my car... couldn't figure out why at 1st, then I remembered I had Weeman tied up in my boot. But you said your boot was empty, so I've no idea.