ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Koleos : Front subframe corrosion

SJM'd197'dBTM'd 182
Not a Clio, but after some help / advice from anyone who works for Renault.

My Dad has a 59 plate koleos (I think its on a private plate), covered 80K mostly motorway miles , he has taken it for a service at the same Renault Delarship, same place it was purchased from and same place a majority of the work has been carried out at.

He has been informed that the front subframe has corroded and needs replacing. The delarship has passed on the details for RUK, in pursuit of some form of contribution. Just wondered if any one who works for Renault, or anywhere has seen anything similar on the Koleos models? Is it a similar bad issue like the 197/200 gearbox that reanult try and keep hush hush?

Personally I think its a good reason to get shot of the car, and replace it ;)

Cheers
Ed

172 Ph1
But because it's a detachable part (Sub-frame) they might view it differently as it's not bodywork . But then they might as it's structural . Either way in my eyes it should be covered . 10yrs is 10yrs right .

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Dacias are having rust cut out/filled at the import docks before they even reach the showrooms!
Your koleos issue doesn't surprise me!
(On predictive text, kolos comes up as 'joke is' lol!!)

SJM'd197'dBTM'd 182
I dont trust the dealar that much, I mean they are nice and helpful and we have dealt with them for years, but some of the work they have done has been sloppy. There was a fault with the rear parking sensors, and they said resoloution was a new rear bumper.

Just wondered if they are trying it on, to boost there monthly figures.

Ha well not surpised about predicitve, honeslty I find the car abit of a joke, but its not mine!

lemonnobby

ClioSport Club Member
same here we used to get one come in on 140k 58 plate no rust issues. there well covered by undertrays etc.
personally i think i would want pics

SJM'd197'dBTM'd 182
Never heard of that.
I work for Renault and to be honest this I the first I'm hearing of it.
same here we used to get one come in on 140k 58 plate no rust issues. there well covered by undertrays etc.
personally i think i would want pics

Cheers for that guys.
Hopefully get it on an independents ramp, and get a second opnion + some photo graphic evidence, then see what happens