ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Koni Kit (Pics) 172

MKIII 138

hi as i said i was gonna get a kit to sort out the mess the eibachs + poor roads made of my dampers. i chose this kit kinda out of desperation if you remember.. anyways its much lower than before in fact i was shocked when i turned up at the garage LOL still its on its softest setting all round and its just about as firm as the eibachs but absoloutley no bodyroll and its cornering is just silly. although what i instantly noticed is it doesnt understeer as much and then it creeps a little bit before oops the back end isnt happy. still i like the looks as i rarley corner fast anyways.

sorry for not cleaning il get some shots this weekend clean and in daylight..

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y26/meggerman/Lowclio.jpgDirty lowered 1

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y26/meggerman/Lowclio1.jpgDirty Lowered 2

--Phill--

6/468 17poo

Are these the sports adjustable shocks?and do you no if they are shortened shocks?

Looks very nice by the way!!!

MKIII 138

Quote: Originally posted by beatjunkie on 09 March 2005

Are these the sports adjustable shocks?and do you no if they are shortened shocks?

Looks very nice by the way!!!
yea there easily adjustable m8 although i dont know if there shortend but they look like coilovers. its amazing at the mo and there cheaper than the ktec stuff i can give you a weblink if you want. cost my around £380 in vat

btw the second picture of the rear is higher than it is as the car is on a slight angle in the drive and they havent settled i should imagine a perfect arch fit with some tyre slightly under the arches

[Edited by meggerman on 09 March 2005 at 6:49pm]

6/468 17poo

well ive got a 1.4 and need the suspension uprating and koni is the only option!yeah post the weblink up mate if ya can!i was going to get them from motorsport world as they are quite good prices!

The cornering aspect sounds brilliant just what i need!

Ryan

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode

id say some slight scrubbage, mines abut that low on GAZ coilovers and i only get it when cornering hard, or in dips etc.... if it does, wind em up harder :devilish:

Suzuki SV1000S

Would love to see some side on pics of this kit matey - also does the kit actually go lower than 30mm and is it easily adjustable, presume only dampness is adjustable.

MKIII 138

Quote: Originally posted by George16v on 09 March 2005

Would love to see some side on pics of this kit matey - also does the kit actually go lower than 30mm and is it easily adjustable, presume only dampness is adjustable.

il get some clean daylight pics for you on saturday hopefully. at first literally the first few miles i scrubbed occasionally on hard bumps now its got a bit harder i havent notice it scrubbing but it must be close LOL. ive got it on its softest setting and as i said its about as hard as eibachs but actually better over speed bumps. i havent tried it on firmer settings but i will say that it now drives as i imagined it would when i first booked my test drive on the 172 only to experience to much roll and understeer. now there isnt any roll and the steering is very direct but the trade of is if the grip goes you have a bit of warning then the ESP light but much less safety barrier than you get on the standard suspension. much more fun to drive though and it was already fun.

its not height adjustable but it looks pretty damn low as it is so i wouldnt want any lower or higher personally.

hope this helps.

[Edited by meggerman on 10 March 2005 at 11:00am]

MKIII 138

just like to add .. when accelarating im getting more grip in a straight line ? this has reduced the engine banging is was getting when flooring it to a point where its hard to invoke and in tern the car seems to accelarate faster :cool: but this is probably what all suspension kits do.