ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ktec and their power claims.....

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
In my experience on here if you get good gains / power the rolling road is duff. If you get shat power then the rolling road is accurate.

Some of us on here have enough experience of these engines to know categorically they don't make some of the numbers that are posted. You can only ever map a car to the limits of the amount of power available from the VE dictated by its mechanical components. Magic maps that add 15bhp everywhere with little or no mechanical change stand out a mile off as utter nonsense on these cars as the factory map isn't bad enough in the first place for that much difference to be available.

HBT 172 Cup
I made miniscule gains on my 438 cams, one could argue why Ktec didnt inflate my figures when i walked out with a ~5bhp gain with their new hot off the shelf cams when most people would expect 10-15bhp? Certainly no inflation going on there..

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup
I made miniscule gains on my 438 cams, one could argue why Ktec didnt inflate my figures when i walked out with a ~5bhp gain with their new hot off the shelf cams when most people would expect 10-15bhp? Certainly no inflation going on there..

I would of asked for my money back!!

Myself I've noticed a rise in their reported figures over the last year or 2. Especially for the cams and ik packages. They've only had the superflow a year or 2 so maybe that is why? They had a DD RR when I went there in late 2010.

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
Myself I've noticed a rise in their reported figures over the last year or 2. Especially for the cams and ik packages. They've only had the superflow a year or 2 so maybe that is why? They had a DD RR when I went there in late 2010.

the DD was a piece of s**t that kept breaking. Had to do a full software re-install on it at 1am once. Really was dreadful.

Clio 172
figures in the grand scheme of things really doesnt mean much i have no idea what my car is running has few things done from previous owners all i know is its quick enough to beat my mates 260bhp S3 its not just down to the car as i would usher a guess that with someone else driving that S3 i wouldnt be so lucky.

mikes86

ClioSport Club Member
  182 track **** & MX5

Similar situation with myself, I had my car dyno'd (not by a tuning company and they would have had no benefit in falsefying the results) before taking it to ktec for a major service, cams and a remap. The before figure ktec gave me was identical to what it made on the independent dyno. The gain wasn't major too, and ktec were completely honest in this and stated the car was already running very well before they started the work.

RB Clio 182
figures in the grand scheme of things really doesnt mean much i have no idea what my car is running has few things done from previous owners all i know is its quick enough to beat my mates 260bhp S3 its not just down to the car as i would usher a guess that with someone else driving that S3 i wouldnt be so lucky.

What mods do you have?

HBT 172 Cup
So the people slateing ktec and their power figures have suddenly gone quiet while they can't figure mine and Mik86's results havent been inflated (along with the hundreds of other cars that exist but havent seen this thread / don't go on cliosport / don't care)

HBT 172 Cup
What specifically are you highlighting in DMS's thread out of interest? (weird as i was reading that thread in a lunch break at work the other week lol)

182, 6r GTi
as far as im concerned ktec figures are accurate, dont see why people feel the need to slate them all the time, my car was mapped by them, ran 184.6 hp and similar torque,

my brother had his golf gti mapped at amd essex at 280hp

both cars were evenly matched speed wise, once you work out power to weight ratio there very close.

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup
Because u don't get 190bhp from a filter and remap that's why, yet they post these very claims with graphs on facebook

53 Clio's & counting
What specifically are you highlighting in DMS's thread out of interest? (weird as i was reading that thread in a lunch break at work the other week lol)

I'm guessing he is talking about the large power gain which was posted, to which was questioned, then the difference in intake temps were noted, to which then the reason behind the large power gain is explained - I think he may be pointing at Ktec should have maybe said that right away to the customer/forum, not once it was spotted? I am only guessing mind

as far as im concerned ktec figures are accurate, dont see why people feel the need to slate them all the time, my car was mapped by them, ran 184.6 hp and similar torque,

my brother had his golf gti mapped at amd essex at 280hp

both cars were evenly matched speed wise, once you work out power to weight ratio there very close.

I think it's great to here positive experiences, I think it mostly comes from the people who have had bad experiences

Because u don't get 190bhp from a filter and remap that's why, yet they post these very claims with graphs on facebook

I will agree here, even if it's a peak gain, that is a massive gain for such small modifications - it's great to see a company still producing modifications and researching into products for what are old cars now, but it does seem like sometimes it's like the ebay resisiter chip - a lot of big gains said, and people taking their word for it as they are inexperenced/don't know any bettrer - of course this is IMO

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
184 and similar torque? You can't be talking about a 172! Even spending 10k you would struggle to get that torque on an n/a f4r!

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
So the people slateing ktec and their power figures have suddenly gone quiet while they can't figure mine and Mik86's results havent been inflated (along with the hundreds of other cars that exist but havent seen this thread / don't go on cliosport / don't care)

Just because it hasn't happened with every customer doesn't prove it hasn't happened at all though tbh.

HBT 172 Cup

Yes i agree its high, but is it so hard to believe that are some corking engines out there? Mine did 186bhp stock, im sure a filter, matched inlets and a remap would have seen me 190bhp too.

I'd be pretty safe in saying Ktec have RR'd many RS clios that have churned out below 172bhp...

TDF bummers are the best as look at what shower of s**t they turned out 2 be lol, haters of any of said company's will always slate the company till the very end its rather pathetic tbh

53 Clio's & counting
I agree with Russ' earlier comment - :quiet: LOL!

You know more than most mate, and after seeing various cars you know where I get my opinion from lol

Behind the que for the BTM bummers, TDF.. oh wait no they dont exist any more bummers, RS tuning bummers e.t.c

I have used RS Tuning twice for mapping, after contacting various companies to ask about mapping my itb's on the standard ECU - all told me it was imposible other than Paul, who said 'sure, no problem i'm sure we can do it' - we ended up with 192bhp, on an 140,000 mile engine with a dodgy exhaust and the cat still in :)

Fred has worked on my cars a few times, my black Clio he set my wheel alighment up by eye and a ruler - when put on my Biesbarth laser alighment system at work it was exactly as he said it would be, and both sides were near exactly the same toe out - exactly what I had asked :)

I think what stands out about these companies is there are never any 'bad' threads about them - TDF I agree with, whatever went wrong went PROPER wrong - and they seem to have screwed over a few people which is not on. What makes it worse was the skipping over the issues, at least Ktec (mostly) try to argue their point, I will give them that.

what happened with tdf???

Do a search mate, they have had some major issues as of late