ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ktec cams

BlackGold 182
Looks a lovely result, still Wana hear the idle

Looks like I may get these then :) did ktec remap it too or not?

KTM 990 SD / S60 D5
Looks a lovely result, still Wana hear the idle

Looks like I may get these then :) did ktec remap it too or not?

Yes Ktec mapped the car,will get a vid of idle asap,Dan it's 1200 all in mate that includes a cam belt,but if you want aux belt ect that is extra.

Yanoo

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio Williams
272 / 256°​
236 / 219°​
11.30 / 10.25mm​
0.55 / 1.55mm​
O.E.M.​
HYDR: sport​

5502438 276 / 268 240 / 231 11.25 / 10.25 mm

yeah......they're the same

PMSL

Danny, could you tell me please the lobe centre angles of these cams? (if you can). Thanks!

Ph1
The before and after in your quote was on two different rollers so always dodgy territory.

Point i'm trying to make, i'm not knocking the gains, i'm just saying the difference is pretty much typical 428 with these cams even though these are meant to be a more lairy

KTM 990 SD / S60 D5
The before and after in your quote was on two different rollers so always dodgy territory.

Point i'm trying to make, i'm not knocking the gains, i'm just saying the difference is pretty much typical 428 with these cams even though these are meant to be a more lairy

I think someone can't read,the rollers were the same for both runs,read it properly mate,I don't think there is a lot between Andy's and Matt's mapping,they are both very good.
Dave's run prior to having the cams fitted was the same as what my car ran on Matt's rollers prior to having the new cams,will be taking the car down to Matt's to see if the gains I got at Ktec are the same on his rollers.

Attachments

• clio dyno 001.jpg
    clio dyno 001.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 72
  KTM 990 SD / S60 D5
ITBS will be nice,if the car preforms with the same gains on Matt's dyno then 198 bhp and 174 ft/lbs that will be pretty awesome from a set of cams,with ITBS it should be epic.:)

KTM 990 SD / S60 D5
Good result I think, be interesting to see what figures you get if you go back to the TDF rollers.

Want cames for mine, need to find £1200 though

Will be going to TDF in the next 2 weeks or so just need to ring them and get booked in,need a couple of bits doing so kill 2 birds with one stone.I had been saving for a s/c kit since I got the car(8 months ago) but decided to spend it on suspension cams ect,will be eating beans on toast until I can afford some ITBS.

Rusty Cup
Will be going to TDF in the next 2 weeks or so just need to ring them and get booked in,need a couple of bits doing so kill 2 birds with one stone.I had been saving for a s/c kit since I got the car(8 months ago) but decided to spend it on suspension cams ect,will be eating beans on toast until I can afford some ITBS.

Mmm beans on toast!!

FULL FAT 182
428's aren't lairy mate. Might be wrong but think the idea with these new cams is simply to squeeze more power out than 428's but still have them suitable for ecu mapping.

Spot on, the cams great and very impressed with them.

KTM 990 SD / S60 D5
Get it done mate,had a good drive of the car today and it really is a good deal quicker,1st and 2nd seem to fly by and the extra torque really seems to make it feel like it's a bigger engine.Still interested to see what it makes on the original dyno at Tdf,not really concerned with peak figures but what gains are achieved.

Just saw your last post let us know how you get on.

Get it done mate,had a good drive of the car today and it really is a good deal quicker,1st and 2nd seem to fly by and the extra torque really seems to make it feel like it's a bigger engine.Still interested to see what it makes on the original dyno at Tdf,not really concerned with peak figures but what gains are achieved.

Just saw your last post let us know how you get on.

After reading this thread its made my mind up that im going to go for these cams.
Been looking into cams and which ones to go for etc. My bro has just had some 421 fitted but hes running ITBs and Gen90 and hes really happy with the catcams so that sorted which make to go for.
I was going to go for 428 but now with these 438 and your review its sealed the deal :D

I emailed them yesterday and got a reply back just checking a few things on having all the belts etc etc changed.

Your thinking the same as me, yeah its nice to have a peak figure but its how it drives to that peak figure that matters imo.

I remember when i mapped mine and i wasnt thinking it was going to make loads of difference, but i couldnt have been wrong, the extra midrange pull is really great, loved it.
Im hoping these cams will yet add more midrange pull.

What kind of figures does your bros car make with 421 and itb?

We are back up RS Tuning on the 5th of September for a weak on the lower end of the map, so should have a good figure then.
When we last up at RS Tuning having the cams fitted, when mapping he was getting mapped it was a mighty hot day and fighting a battle with high inlet temps. So hopefully as it looks like summer ( if you can call it a summer ) has passed by so should get a better reading.

172 Cup
I'm gonna get a set of these when I come back from holiday too but is it a worthwhile exercise putting on a light weight crank pulley at the same time. My car is currently making 172.2 bhp on a Dyno dynamics rollers.