ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ktec + DTH ITBS + My Car = Happy Happy Happy.

ITB BG 182
Spent the day at ktec or well on Friday.
I know its a long drive for me from Notts but it was worth every penny.
Some really bad pictures for the people here to see but will upload the video tomorrow.
I can definatly say i am very happy with the car and the serviced i recieved, not forgetting the general banter.

My car engine bay went in looking like this.
P1010118.gif

Im glad to say that not long after it came out looking like this.

P1010129.gif

One for the record, they do work in their own garage here.

P1010122.gif

Some nice 'other' clio's and meggs there today.

P1010123.gif

I do not have any final product finished item photos tonight as its dark, but will get one or two tomorrow no doubt + I will upload the video tomorrow aswell.

To Bex, Andy, Mike, Shaun, Dave, Daryl and all the others, I can safly say i very much doubt i will be going any where else with my car.
Top customer service would and will recommend you to anyone as whats the point in 2nd best when they can come to you for number 1 care for their cars, anyone says anything else bad about you lot tell em they are chatting s**t from me.

Right time for bed as 21hrs awake is not good.

ITB BG 182
Danny i think the fitment was 300 in total, i dont have exact figures as i had other work done while i was there.
Greeny, i actually got 40bhp increase, dont know if it was just my car but a 40bhp increase and massive gains in torque aswell was good.
Atheist and Austin i could feel a massive difference driving home, over taking cars was easier and just the general driving was better.

Fuel ecomeny wise i dont know, i use 3 quaters of a tank going down and less than half a tank coming back with lots and lots of playing.

DMS

A thirsty 172
193bhp IIRC, but it did under-perform when we got there making only 154bhp. It had a knackered lambda sensor and O2 sensor though, plus he still had the cat on the car when he arrived.
Can't remember what the final torque figure was. He's got copies of the graphs so they'll probably make an appearance soon enough.

Best bit about it is the noise though. Fairly quiet when cruising along and loud when you give it beans.

ITB BG 182
Ill post pics from when i get back with the shopping, got to take mother on her first run as is now. ear ache here i come

ITB BG 182
Ok so i have scanned the graphs from the RR with Obe One Kenobi in control.

I think this is what the car did before any mods where done.
SCAN0005.gif

Before and after one..

SCAN0004.gif

Then some thing to do with the fuel ratio.

SCAN0002.gif

If i have incorrectly worded some thing as to what is each graph then shoot me for it.

ITB BG 182
Oh an now video, took youtube long enough to approve of it all.
Just waiting for the HD quality one to be approved aswell.

[YOUTUBE]O17lLI8Dreo[/YOUTUBE]

Not bad at all, bet your happy with difference its made! Your car must as have been really ill to be making that sort of power before also. Did you not consider the JMS Manifold, made similar power to what you have now before its been properly mapped.

ITB BG 182
No, didnt even think about it.
Yea im very happy with that it is now and all the work that has been done, everything feels so much better.
It should be fun at the meet tomorrow.

Clio RS 172
Not bad at all, bet your happy with difference its made! Your car must as have been really ill to be making that sort of power before also. Did you not consider the JMS Manifold, made similar power to what you have now before its been properly mapped.

I don't think it's possible have a same results...above all in the middle RPM...

53 Clio's & counting
Was it a generic map mate or custom map?

If it was a custom map was it mapped without a filter on?

LOL, development without mapping at each stage. Just lol

hehe. Lets just say the standard ECU is doing fine with all the changes I can throw at it even with a non specific map (Charlie & Chris have examined the data on both Fueling & IG timing) - mapping will be the icing on the cake.

+ Let's not change the thread topic, the OP has seen very good before and after results. I'm sure he's happy.

K-Tec Racing

ClioSport Trader
  172LBT-172HBT-197-R2
John, we are all glad you are pleased with the car and we are very pleased with the gains for what is a drive in and drive out package.

Until a throttle body kit is tested back to back with a JMS manifold on the same day, on the same car and on the same dyno with before and after figures can we please keep this thread on topic. It is utterly pointless comparing one set of figures from one car on one dyno to those on another car tested on a different dyno. I believe JMS have a thread running in their own section for such discussions.

Anyway, back to the topic at hand. John's car programmed with one of our kit maps and then fine tuned on the dyno. The kit map was so good only a couple of very minor changes were needed. Before the car left is was fitted with our throttle body kit filter, not restrictive filter socks.

I hope this answers a couple of questions.

David.

Oh, I would also like to point out our dyno does read on the conservative side so please look at the before and after figures, not the final peak power figure.

Lionel Richie
i had one of your gen-90 equiped cars in yesterday David, dashboard was lit up like an xmas tree, i thought that wasn't going to happen with the gen-90? or are you still ironing out the kinks?

Lionel Richie
car - nothing, just in for a steering wheel fitting
dash - blackpool illuminations

i assume its just a development issue?

K-Tec Racing

ClioSport Trader
  172LBT-172HBT-197-R2
The cars fitted with the new GEN90 ecu will soon have a downloadable update for the dash lights from our website. Just a few final settings that have been ironed out with a couple more to go. Once the updates have been installed the dash will be fully operational as in a standard car.