ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ktec or engine dynamics turbo kit?

incy-spider

ClioSport Club Member
Which would you guys go for?

This will be for low boost at the mo, standard internals (engine has done 44k) probably will forge in the future...

Both kits have pro's and cons

Ktec kit is expensive but Gen90 ecu and local to me

Engine dynamics kit better price but AEM controller doesn't fill me with confidence, mappers possibly better than Ktec.

Really stuck, does anybody know which kit is best in terms if quality and can other mappers map gen90?

Both kits will be DIY, not really keen on sourcing parts separate just want a good base kit to get me onto the boost!!

Clio 172 Cup Mondial
'mappers possibly better then ktec' as a few people that have not used them think they suck? dude best bet pm someone with a turbo conversion with them and ask THEM. gen 90 will be good when you decide to go high boost when you uprate internals in future?

incy-spider

ClioSport Club Member
Just after opinions on the kits really not the mappers, I'd only want to use RS tuning for that if I'm honest.. Mega long way to go but I'm happy with that, trying to work out if Paul can do me a kit.

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
I would look at Mike at S&MWM for mapping, nearer to you and his work is top notch.

In fact, I would drop him it James a PM or phone call and discuss your options with them Ref which kit (if any of the ones you listed).

incy-spider

ClioSport Club Member
I would look at Mike at S&MWM for mapping, nearer to you and his work is top notch.

In fact, I would drop him it James a PM or phone call and discuss your options with them Ref which kit (if any of the ones you listed).

Okay cool, I'll look them up

Which would you guys go for?

This will be for low boost at the mo, standard internals (engine has done 44k) probably will forge in the future...

Both kits have pro's and cons

Ktec kit is expensive but Gen90 ecu and local to me

Engine dynamics kit better price but AEM controller doesn't fill me with confidence, mappers possibly better than Ktec.

Really stuck, does anybody know which kit is best in terms if quality and can other mappers map gen90?

Both kits will be DIY, not really keen on sourcing parts separate just want a good base kit to get me onto the boost!!

Speak to andyrg he does drive in conversions but if your willing to do the work your self he could possible post you the stuff

Clio182 turb Audi S5
I had my 182 done by Andy at engine dynamics I got the 230 kit and I love it! Just remember the piggy back is set up just for there kit no rolling road and standard running gear unlike the ktec one hence the price.I've had it nearly a year now had no problems and not bored of it at all plus it never gets bored pissing all over most things off the lights! Give me a should if you want any more info

incy-spider

ClioSport Club Member
I had my 182 done by Andy at engine dynamics I got the 230 kit and I love it! Just remember the piggy back is set up just for there kit no rolling road and standard running gear unlike the ktec one hence the price.I've had it nearly a year now had no problems and not bored of it at all plus it never gets bored pissing all over most things off the lights! Give me a should if you want any more info

That's good to know mate, did you not have it mapped at all?