ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

KTEC OR MAGNEX FOR BHP

Hey up clio nutters? which is the best exhaust out of the two for power gains? please help as im ordering 2mora? anyone got any pics of different styles of tailpipes? do the exhausts fit flush fit to bumper or do they hand quite low?:p my magnex friend fell thorugh the other day at a cheap price so thinking the next move over?

Lionel Richie

they both do the same thing, both have the same or similar gains its just down to the choice of twin 3inch (k-tec) or twin 3.5inch (magnex)

magnex is quieter

But i a K-tec fan!!!!!

cheers lads!!! havent ktec developed quieter exhausts then? i want an exhaust asap could get a powerflow fitted 2mora but dont know if they give any gains at all!!! anyoe got any contacts as to the best place to get a magnex from if the ktec is still too loud..cheers everyone

matty i would have one mate but a) dont know where to get one from for the cup b) they are loud arent they c) they are very expensive....but i have heard they are the best for power gains...where would i get one from then?

i need to buy another backbox, i got a magnex 6x4 oval but i had a new rear splitter fitted and the tailpipe falls short,

going to go for a ktec titanium system after christmas.

unless i can mod my tailpipe end to come out a bit more?

hello people,

Iwonder if you could help me! I phoned Demon Tweeks today and asked for a Magnex exhaust - I told them it was for a Clio 172 Cup. He said what year, I said 2003. He said we only have listings for 2002 and didnt know whether it would fit a 172 Cup.

Can you help?

Many Thanks!

Paul

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

ive had that as well.they told me they have had complaints about the fitting of the exhaust on later models and they are going to look in to it.magnex themselves told me that.

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup

ive got a 2003 cup and was advised by a main magnex dealer that they only had listings to 2002 models and advised me to speak to magnex direct which i did. they advised me by e mail that they were due to have a 2003 clio 172 in to be fitted and even asked if i would be willing to lend them my car for the fitting if the original car pulled out. (living in edinburgh decided too far to travel) anyway they took my details and phoned me several weeks later to advise that they had completed the fitting of the system on the 2003 model and said it is basically the same system as the 2002 model but with a different fitting kit. they advised when buying one from one of their suppliers to advise them its a 2003 model and thus get the right fitting kit. ive got a feeling though that some suppliers will just use the old systems and fitting kits just to get them off the shelves if they already have them in stock rather than get more from magnex. thats why ill be ordering direct from magnex when i get the 6x4 for the cup cause the old system just doesnt fit quite right and needs a lot of messing with the backbox according to local supplier.

you got the number mate for magnex direct? are they more expensive..cheers....any numbers for motorworld bruny baby:)

cheers for that mate...you car looks amazin....if i buy the exhaust mail order could any garage fit it? what be everyones reommendations? kwik fit etc

Lee

BMW M2C

Thanks mate. I went to Demon Tweeks for mine. You get an unlimited warrenty if put on by a registered fitter. You just have to go back once every 12 months for a check up.

If you join the club youll get a 10% discount off it too.

thanks for that mate....who do i call at demon tweeks to get one ordered..i spoke to a guy there and he said they had problems with fit quality for these exhausts and couldnt guarantee the exhaust would fit? are the cars the same as i thought they were?...could you give me the name of the guy you called mate thanks

Pink & Blue 182, JDM DC2

How much is the magnex backbox? Love the sounds, thanks Lee. Bet it sounds mint on full throttle!

Lee

BMW M2C

I spoke to a guy named Stewart at Demon Tweeks. He said that the catalogue didnt she it fitted an 03 Clio but went off to check with the fitting guys. They confirmed it did, its just the paperwork thats not up to date. If they say the same just point out that they have fitted more than one already ths year. lol

It fits a treat and doesnt move about at all.

Im not sure but I think the backbox is usually around £170.00. I had the full system fitted.

At high revs it actually gets quieter. At mid revs its nice and deep, and at low it burbles.

Speak to John Harris, mention Cliosport and youll get our club discount.

And dont take any crap from anyone saying these exhausts dont fit and 03 or and 02 blah blah 172 ok but cup not rubbish rubbish rubbish..... they fit, end of, if they cant get it to sit up properly then its down to bad fitting.