ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

KTEC RACING

how come everything from ktec seems to be so expensive? i know they are a good company but they sell things at ok prices then slap vat on top??? i know david is busy but i have sent loads of emails for information and it takes ages to get a reply sometimes dont get one...at the moment asked about the 172 side skirts that are on his silver 172 anybody got them fitted yet???

I think the prices should be including vat when shown on the web pages. I know all the legalities of pricing etc etc but it would be easier I fell for the consumer.

Mind you I wanted a low temp switch from BB and then find out the switch costs £12:50 + VAT and then I am expected to pay another £8 for postage!!!! You must be joking thats not far of the price of the goods and its cheap as hell to post!!!!!!!

agree mate it is rediculous i know renault kit is expensive but that is taking the piss!!!! it is a shame as david seams like a really nice bloke but the prices are redic!!! the best value are his stickers!!!!

I cant comment on K-TEC Racing as i havent used them. I sent David an e-mail once and he did reply promtly and was very helpfull I thought.

I did however make an enquiry to BB and didnt even get a reply.!

if you arent looking for a K-Tec specific product you will ALWAYS find things cheaper if you look hard enough. Look how much parts are on euro car parts web site, makes you wonder what mark up places put on their products?

I always seem to find stuff cheaper if Ihold out that extra week or two (ie £700 for my 17" super Ls with rubber when 1st quoted £860!)

Just depends on whether you want to use the ease of knowing the parts are available at K-Tec when you want them

K-Tec Racing

ClioSport Trader
  172LBT-172HBT-197-R2

Some of the parts may seem expensive compared to similar items offered elsewhere. One reason being that we like to only supply the best quality parts which usually means they are more expensive to by or more expensive to make due to better quality materials. Development costs also have to be taken into consideration usually meaning that "X" amount of parts have to be sold even before we start making any money on them. This especially the case with body parts as they are either imported (as many kits made in this country are very bad quality), which means large postage costs and bad exchange rates or several thousands being spent just to develop something like a bumper, its prototype, moulds etc.

We could quite easily sell cheaper parts but if we are not happy with the quality we are not prepared to sell them to customers. For example we could easily sell Clio 2 lexus lights for just over £100 but they are not of the quality of the lights we prefer to sell or take our new duplex exhaust system for the Megane which sells for £275+vat when several customers have been quoted over £500 by some custom made exhaust companies. Many of the parts we do sell are made in small batches exclusively for us which is not as cheap as mass producing but this is the way we operate and it gives us our own brand which we are trying to establish as a quality brand rather than a cheap brand.

Cuppy, just let me know what details you would like on the skirts. I am down to less than 150 e-mails to answer now but if you PM me I will get back to you ASAP.

David.

good answer david as i said before you really are a top bloke wish i could afford your items as they do seam better like your lexus lights but money is always the key nowadays..please dont take affence in me starting this topic just wanted to get some feedback from people who have dealt with you in the past and if it was just me re the prices...pm on its way now

320d M Sport

more to the point would it be possible to display prices with VAT added? I nearly got caught out the other week.....

definately the best way to go afterall not many vat registered companies doing up their clios and claiming the vat back so why not do the total price

A SHED!

Still overpriced mate, im sorry. Vat should be included, Demon tweeks used to do it until they started losing business because of customers fed up with trying figure out prices and being misled.

A SHED!

can someone help me decide..

http://www.bsracing.co.uk/Pictures/Clio/cliothreeqtr.jpghttp://www.bsracing.co.uk/Pictures/Clio/cliothreeqtr.jpg = M3

http://www.ffwdmotorsport.co.uk/content2.htmhttp://www.ffwdmotorsport.co.uk/content2.htm = Terminator

http://www.primaracing.com/clio.htmhttp://www.primaracing.com/clio.htm = Maxi or F2

would go k-tec but there too expensive for my budget!

"WHICH BUMPER?" POST IN mechical forum by essex lad. Come on K0tec, cant you lower the price just a little bit? or offer us the cliosport discount to affect bodykits?

On the RSC a while back I asked you about the reasoning behind the sheer robbery that is 700 quid for a set of pistons for an F7P. You retorted with they are renault gear and can you get them cheaper.

I then asked if you could give me some details on the pistons. You didnt bother. You saw the question and ignored it and responed to other queries.

A bit crap i think. You could have at least said no f**k off we dont want your custom. But you didnt.

All I wanted was a reply to my question which you didnt give. You also dont seem to have a grasp of mechanicals, maybe your not the grease monkey or what have you but you could have asked.

Buit in general you and BB tuning seem to be of the lets become millionaires within months type.

I shall say this is the thoughts of myself and not that of cliosport or renault sports club.

Chris

K-Tec Racing

ClioSport Trader
  172LBT-172HBT-197-R2

Chris, first of all if you do not know how much we pay for the pistons how can you claim our retail price is "sheer robbery" afterall we are not forcing you to buy them, they are just an expensive part to source.

We are hardly going to tell a customer where to go if we did not want your custom that would not really be good customer service would it. We do try to respond to all queeries and questions and sometimes it can take time but we do try, and as for not having a grasp of mechancals, we would not have done what we have with the GT Turbos ( we have had a hand at building most of the fastest in the country) , Clio turbos or various other Renaults if we didnt know what we were doing.

I realise that the above post may only be your opinion but you seem to be making your own conclusions without knowing all the facts. I am sorry if this has given you a bad impression of K-Tec but I promise you this is not something we have done on purpose.

David.

K-Tec Racing

ClioSport Trader
  172LBT-172HBT-197-R2

CUPPY, my PM is now empty so you can send me a message now.

To everyone else, I have spoken to the guy that does the website and next week all the prices will be displayed including VAT as well as the +VAT price.

David.

You still have not answered my queries.

If you read my post again it stated that I appreciate you may not be the grease monkey but the PR man or the boy behind the counter, whatever, but I appreciate you have mechanics/grease monkeys/vehicular technicians and you could of asked them for me.

But you didnt.

I didnt question the mechanical knowledge behind the company, I merely stated that the prices for even basioca things are ridicualous, like the magnecors, there 5 quid cheaper in halfords for example. People go to thinking they would be getting a cheaper deal (same with BB) for mechanicals. You can charge what you like for stick on tat like petrol flaps, spoilers etc as that doesnt intrest me in the slightest.

Chris

K-Tec Racing

ClioSport Trader
  172LBT-172HBT-197-R2

Chris, please inform me of what your queeries are and I will answer them for you.

As for the leads, I think you will find they have slightly more buying power than we do which will mean they can buy them cheaqper. We actually sell the leads at the RRP.

David.

If you dont want to buy something, you dont have to...

Go to halfords get served by a 16yr old bmx rider who doesnt even know where the HT leads go, then advises you they should be here in 2 days, then they take 2 weeks and send the wrong ones, or convince you a strut brace will fit your 16v even though its says it doesnt then ring you up and tell you YOU ordered the wrong part. still bitter.

KTec and the others know what there doing, id rather buy stuff off them, and the more people who do the cheaper they get.....

Just wanted to add my thoughts, and before anyone starts, ive never bought a thing off Ktec,but I definetly will do.

Well i would like to know the ring land heights, what sizes they are available in, what the CR will be raised to, what size are the valve cut outs, are the rings supplied with them, are they full skirts, are they slotted or drilled drain back.

That would be very helpfull.

Chris

Toureg vW Transporte

i would like to state that ktec have marvoulous customer service, and that i will be buying from them again. i dont like these threads, if you can find it cheaper buy it and dont slate a good company.

I have to agree. I dont think its fair to slate a reputable company on a forum like this. Its a different matter if a company were conning people, ie. delivering substandard products, taking peoples money and not delivering the goods, etc. etc. but K-Tec have always given everyone I know whos used them, and everyone on here as far as I can tell, exemplary service. Their prices are transparent enough (or at least will be once the minor gripe about VAT inclusion in prices has been resolved - and the fact that they are now changing this in itself shows they are willing to listen to the customer), therefore if you think its too much you can purchase elsewhere. As far as I can tell, the prices are not spectacularly cheap, but they are usually average for most of the stuff they re-sell (never more than RRP), and K-Tecs own branded items seem to represent pretty good value (exhausts, etc.)

GR7

Shiny red R32

I too would like to say that I have received first class service from K-Tec with next-day delivery and also both David and Trev have taken the time to discuss and advise me over a couple of queries when I had the GTT and when I have asked questions for other people too.

You can please some of the people some of the time ...............

:)

A SHED!

Hi David, cheers for answering. Thanks for the discount and the vat changes. ill start saving for the kit me thinks.:D

Just like to add that Ive also had excellent service from K-Tec. All my questions (and there were quite a few) via email or over the phone were answered promptly and I personally cant fault them.

You get what you pay for and I have no problem paying slightly more (although most of the stuff is pretty competitive price wise) for someones curtiousness and knowledge.

IMHO, naturally.