ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ktec stealth... loud to quiet - how?

Titanium ph1 turbo
So I'm maybe buying a ph1 with a Ktec stealth.. but it's the loud version... how do I make it quiet, is it just the centre section I would need to worry about (as in change)?....

Also if the car has a 182 manifold (on a 172 ph1), does this mean it's likely to have the ph2 ktec stealth fitted, assuming they have either a ph2 decat pipe or ph2 cat hanging off the 182 manifold?

Thanks in advance

I put a sport (silenced) centre section on mine. Still loud over about 4k rpm but a bit more social able at low speeds. Kept the wife happy as she said it was too loud before... Would say its more likely you have a phase 2 system running off a 182 manifold. Probably changed so the ktec system could be fitted.

LY 220 Trophy+IB PH1
As above I've got the 2.5" silenced system and it's by no means quiet, it's boomy to some degree (People sat in the back struggle to have a convo) Always wondered if a 2.25" straight through section would sound better.