ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

KTR CLIO 172 SPORTS CATALITIC CONVERTER

hi,

anyone tried this out yet? 7BHP seems a resonable gain. i know it would probably invalidate my waranty.. but it will probably be better quality than the standard CATconverter and still pass its MOT so... maybe it wouldnt invalidate. any thoughts? also can you use the same exhaust end or do you need a ktec end to go with this?

Nope but been thinking about it, still have to get my cup so wont know for some months. But i would imagine that it would be more benaficial to replace the rest of the system back from the cat if your changing the cat. Might as well improve the whole lot, not just one part.

hmm... true. but thats more expensive, it seems that i just need the new cat and then an end of my own choice. would i still get 7bhp from just the cat and end?

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

i think exhausts are only under warranty in the first year so changing the exhaust/cat after that would be ok.im saving for a ktec cat at the mo.

ICE'dberg MK2 172

Quote: Originally posted by phill* on 13 November 2003

hmm... true. but thats more expensive, it seems that i just need the new cat and then an end of my own choice. would i still get 7bhp from just the cat and end?
Change the lot....then you wont get the 4K rattle!!

so after 1st year replace whole lot and add KTEC CAT, seems ok how much would the whole system be? considering i dont want to alter the noise or look of my current setup. (ok..a bit more noise is acceptable but no way do i want a visible exhaust and seen as the current one bends down at the end to allow gases to exit under the bear skirts it has to be one like that?? any ideas

Ive been thinking just that... my cars over a year old, I like the idea of a Viper (or ITG or BMC), RS inlet manifold, re-map, and KTEC cat and stainless system. The only reservation I have is that I dont like those visible back boxes...

Yeah, I know, Im getting old....

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member

Im with you aledw...the only thing Ive come across that could be tailor-made to mimic the OE exhaust so far is Powerflow, and from what Ive heard buying from them is a bit of a lottery.

K-Tec Racing

ClioSport Trader
  172LBT-172HBT-197-R2

We have been asked for a hidden tailpipe exhaust system a few times now and we are looking at having a system made. We hope to have it available by the end of the year and prices should be lower than our current 172/Cup systems as there will be no fancy tailipipe fitted.

David.

Lionel Richie

BOO!!!! Do you get an OAP discount if you buy a non fancy/stikcyoutie exhaust???? Does it come with a zimmer frame and a bus pass???:eek:

Quote: Originally posted by Fred2001Dynamic on 15 November 2003

BOO!!!! Do you get an OAP discount if you buy a non fancy/stikcyoutie exhaust???? Does it come with a zimmer frame and a bus pass???:eek:
Yeah Fred, but when a 172 gives you an ass wupping you can at least use the excuse that It may have looked standard but it must have been modded with one of those fancy hidden exhausts ;)

Quote: Originally posted by K-Tec Racing on 15 November 2003

We have been asked for a hidden tailpipe exhaust system a few times now and we are looking at having a system made. We hope to have it available by the end of the year and prices should be lower than our current 172/Cup systems as there will be no fancy tailipipe fitted.

David.

Will having no fancy tailpipe affect the sound quality, David?

K-Tec Racing

ClioSport Trader
  172LBT-172HBT-197-R2

The lack of a "fancy" tailpipe will not affect the sound quality only the price, it should make it cheaper to produce.

David.

Lionel Richie

LOL @ darren!!!!

"toasted by std 172, but i reckon it had one of those special hidden exhausts, so thats why i lost"

LOL classic!!!!

so what company produces a discreet non visible tampon..err exhaust? powerflow seems a good choice, really its a gamble between the right lookandsound and real performance gains. but i definalty want the same look apart from KTECCAT as my current 172 exhaust.

when some one get some pictures of theirs i would appreciate a post showing them off, thanks.

Elise/VX220/R26

you can replace exhaust parts and your warranty is only voind from the modified part back - it wont invalidate your whole warranty - Source = service manager at renno pontefract west yorkshire