ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

KTR throttle bodies/ Jenvey throttle bodies.

1.2 clio
I'm trying to get some more information about them hoping someone has fitted either one of them. Would they be ok to run on the standard ecu with a remap? What's your review on them and what gains have you got ?

Jenvey bodies - in my opinion the best as it's a proper tried, tested and performing solution.
Fitted to my standard 118k engine with a remap is producing 195+ bhp.
Lovely noise, lovely power. You do lose some day to day driveability though so if it's your daily car I would have a strong think

As to remapping standard ecu - not really, you would need something aftermarket
Budget about £2.5-3k for the whole thing including mapping

Other alternative would be cams - there's a couple of cam kits producing 190+bhp now with a remap on standard ecu and you'd have more driveability from that

1.2 clio
Jenvey bodies - in my opinion the best as it's a proper tried, tested and performing solution.
Lovely noise, lovely power. You do lose some day to day driveability though so if it's your daily car I would have a strong think

As to remapping standard ecu - not really, you would need something aftermarket
Budget about £2.5-3k for the whole thing including mapping

Other alternative would be cams - there's a couple of cam kits producing 190+bhp now with a remap on standard ecu and you'd have more driveability from that

Thank you for the comment mate much appreciated. That's answered a lot as it would be a daily drive and wouldn't want to lose any drivability. I've been looking at cams was unsure wether you would see much more power out of them so I was thinking cams and throttle bodies at the same time.

In your shoes unless you really want the noise I'd go cams alone

Some of the cam and remap packages people are doing on here aren't far off the power you get with bodies
Problem with bodies AND cams is you really then need to uprate the engine and you're looking at £4-6k just for 215-220bhp
Whereas you can get 190+ bhp with a set of cams and a remap which is £1500

I'd chuck cams in, get a remap and then look at better suspension/tyres so you can actually use the power :)

Evo 5 RS
KTR kit is designed by Jenvey and also IIRC a direct to head alternative to the kit that Jenvey offer off the shelf, so in short you are actually better off going to KTR both price wise and kit wise. Just make sure you fit a proper air filter.

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
KTR kit is designed by Jenvey and also IIRC a direct to head alternative to the kit that Jenvey offer off the shelf, so in short you are actually better off going to KTR both price wise and kit wise. Just make sure you fit a proper air filter.

the Air filter with the KTR kit is now the best available. It's fantastic with a very very clever push button fix/release mechanism

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!

You have an issue, it should drive better than standard. Mine does

Evo 5 RS
Cool, think I know the one you're on about where they've put the logo in yellow fontage. Not seen one in the flesh though

And as above, especially seeing as you're running standard cams. Midrange is fecking awesome on throttle bodies!

Evo 5 RS
Phil that's just because cable throttle is about a billion times better. I drove a standard ph2 recently and it feels like a 5 series lol

LOL I'm not sure I could go back to driving a standard 172 - would freak me out

I just tend to look a bit like a dick when I go to apply a bit of gas and my head hits the seat lol
Probably doesn't help that my other drive is a 306 hdi - so switching between the two takes some getting used to

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Really? ITB's do make the engine a bit "snappy" which is hardly ideal if you're sat for 10mins in 5mph traffic lol

Normally I would say a modern standard engine will be better behaved on standard management than on ITBs (ICV etc and extra sensors so can allow for more scenarios) In the case of the 172 though with its erratic idle and weird power delivery, I do think ITBs drive better than the standard car in some respects, although not better than a well mapped phase 1.

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
Really? ITB's do make the engine a bit "snappy" which is hardly ideal if you're sat for 10mins in 5mph traffic lol

you'd be surprised the difference setting up the throttle quadrant properly makes. Changing the rod length changes the rate of opening in the light throttle area, making light throttle much nicer.

You might also be confusing snappy, with responsive, standard is flat and terrible

Oh really!!!!

If I could make mine a little bit slower opening at very low rev's I'd be loads happier with it
It's a bit on/off under 2k

Is there any guides on that I can read?

Evo 5 RS
New throttle cable is something most ph1s on here could do with I reckon, another one of those things that just never gets changed

My cables brand new - I think the throttle linkage was fitted by a r****d though. I noticed a few weeks ago it was actually fowling the manifold when fully open so I adjusted it a bit myself - but it's still too quick to open lower down in the revs.
I wanna swap it over to the other side so that the throttle cable doesn't go over the engine - job for winter I think