ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

KTR Ultra KTR Janspeed or BTM exhaust

Clio 182
Torn between these two

WTgRvA.jpg

Or going for one of these BTM exhausts.

I've heard the latter is a rival/replacement to the yozza exhaust? That was pretty highly praised according to a friend of mine.

I'm going to be running a standard cat to save hassle down the line.

Just wanting to know between the ktr exhausts which one is the louder of the two without opting for a centre silencer (I've read these make them sound almost standard?) as most videos I can find only show de catted systems.

I'm after something thats not standard but not chavy Corsa loud! Middle ground

The BTM is the only one I think I've heard with a standard cat that sounds to my liking so far but be interested to hear the others with the same set up I'll have. Also the BTM is a lot more in price I think?

Cheers for the help guys

LY FF182
I've had both these systems. Ktec on was LOUD and the btm isn't. Ktec boom like mad when on motorway but sound great on full chat. The BTM has a nice subtle noise decatted or not but doesn't really boom much at all. When I swapped to the btm I was doing 80 miles on the motorway everyday which is the reason I got it. I'm not really a fan of the outward rolled tail pipes though. Very well made and I think would out last te ktec by a long way.

I keep hearing about this BTM but have no idea where I'd buy it from of how much it is. Is it the first rule of BTM is you don't talk about BTM ??

FF Clio 182
Just to clear things up, BTM is Yozza.

BTM is run by Fred Hopkins, I'm not sure if he is still on here but a quick Facebook search will bring him up

Clio 182
I will try and aquire his number from somewhere. Anyone know what a rough cost is? I can have a custom one made from a very reputable place near me but it's in the region of £500... Much more than the ktr ones I mentioned :(

Fred's number: 0121 783 6692

The BTM system sounds immense my mate @Loz H has one on his 182 with a cat and KTEC induction kit and it sounds great. I think the price is circa £540

Clio 182
Fred's number: 0121 783 6692

The BTM system sounds immense my mate @Loz H has one on his 182 with a cat and KTEC induction kit and it sounds great. I think the price is circa £540

Thanks mate. Will give that a bell to confirm. Hear nothing but good things about the old yozza

What is louder between the ktr ultra or the ktr janspeed?

Clio 182
There's other options. Scorpion, pure motorsport, piper and supersprint.

All of which get good reviews

Yeah I've had a look around but been doing a fair bit of homework and narrowed it down to these two. Just not wanting one ear bleedingly loud or overly droney on the motorway.

I prefer the look of the ultra box etc but figure since it's 2.5 over a 2.25 system this will be a bit louder.

Clio 182
In that case I'd look at the scorpion rs192 a bit more then. Have you listened to any videos on YouTube?

Yeah I have. They sound ok. I keep going round in circles. They're more expensive as well according to the newer ones with flexy centre sections