ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

KTR ULTRA PERFORMANCE 182 EXHAUST

Clio 182
Hi

I've just bought a 182 clio and I've tracked down the exhaust on it being the KTR ULTRA PERFORMANCE 182 EXHAUST SYSTEM. My question is:-

Is it any good?

I've checked the KTR website and some forums all i can find is about how loud it is. I couldn't give a monkey's ring about how loud it is! what i want to know is what is the ft ibs and BHP increase from this bit of kit?

Does anyone have any rolling road results etc for this exhaust. I also wondered which exhaust would give me a decient torque and bhp increase if this one is not up to the job.

Thanks all

Jonah

BG182®
I just fitted this exhaust last night with a friend and for quality wise it's superb.

I have mine fitted with a decat which makes it a tad bit louder but with regards to power increase, I'm not sure. I think even if you gained 2-4-6 bhp from an exhaust your not going to notice it. I find that top end feels better as its more free flowing but I would'nt be surprised if I've lost a bit of low down torque as a sacrifice.

I had my car RR'd in may at 166bhp but with a standard exhaust with holes the size of golf balls in it. It will be RR'd again at the next meet in October so the outcome of power increase etc will all be down to the next meet.

Clio 182 BG
fitted one week ago, with mid silencer and it sounds good

at 3000 a deeper sound, at higher revs its a sporty noise but not so loud.

i think it will be sound better without the mid silencer

BG182®
I wont be trying to fit one of those again!!! lol

How did it sound on the motorway last night Will?

F**king epic :D. Its not as boomy as I thought it would be though, It's louder at lower revs than it is at say 70mph. Even Tracey the nutjob thought it sounded the bollo*ks!

I'll take you for a proper ride when you fancy it. Tunnel run fo sho lol.

S4 Avant
You will get very little in the way of power from fitting an exhaust, if any.

182s are very expensive to get more power out of them.

RB FF 182
I have one on mine with the silenced mid section. I personally love it, just the right note :)

At idle theres just a nice note off it, through the revs it burbles nicely and at high revs its pretty nice too.

I do alot of Motorway miles and anything louder would do my head in.

Sports: Idle - 62db, 4500rpm - 83db, 6500rpm - 84db

Supersports: Idle - 67db, 4500rpm - 87db, 6500rpm - 91db
img_0062.gif

DrewBear11

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST
Looks like a nice system mate, considering this for my 182 !

However, i know a lot of people seem to be hating on Milltek at the moment, but looking at the exhaust design i'd have thought that the Milltek would be the most free flowing thus likely to get maximum gains. Is there any proof of this, or am i just mad ?

I was originally planning to go for a Milltek but with recent opinions, i might look elsewhere...

Saxo Vts, Clio 182
I fitted mine the other night and pretty impressed so far apart from its a bit boomy at low revs. Power gains wise; nothing noticable imo. Maybe 1 or 2 extra horses.

Insignia SRi
Has anybody had a prob getting the original 182 exhaust off, what were Renault thinking about having all in one piece, me and a mate fitted one the other night and had to cut the original in half to get it out!!!