ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Laguna 1.6 16v in Clio?

RX8, Clio II 1.6 16v
Apologies if this has been asked before.

If I did decide to swap my dead 1.6 16v engine from my clio II would a Laguna 1.6 16v drop straight in?

CB600FS
Gearbox is different for a start, not many 1.6 lagunas about as they didn't do that engine for long, unless you've sourced one? Would it not be easier to get a crash damaged 1.6 16v engine. IIRC Lag 1.6 is k4m711 and Clio 1.6 is k4m744 or 748 but can't remember.

RX8, Clio II 1.6 16v
There are two megane 1.6 16v on ebay right now.
So the bellhouse for the gearbox is different?

CB600FS
Yes and No, the 1.6 Laguna box is different to the 1.6 Clio/Megane box, different positions on the gearstick (reverse down and right) and ratios are slightly different. JB3 on your Clio/Megane, whereas the Laguna is a JR5 box.

The trouble with the engines on eBay is you can never be certain of the history of them, could be buying a duffer! Only for it to go wrong a few months later, but they are cheap might be lucky. Why not phone up the Renault Breakers (matt black his name is on here) and see how much a 1.6 engine is?

RX8, Clio II 1.6 16v
I was intending on keeping the gearbox presently in my Clio and just bolting up the replacement engine to it.