ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Lake District Run (Sunday 7th June 09) ++++ PICS ++++

Italian 3.2 V6
lakes run was class! weather stayed dry, cloudy but dry! so all was good! only little bad point was 2/3rds of the listed people never actually turned up.. ino karl and hutchie broke down on the way so couldnt make it :( so there was only five of us in all. ME, Casson182, BenG, Gib244 and Groovejunkie. lads were all spot on and nice meeting u guys! ;) there was alot of good driving but there was some ghey areas were we got stuck behind granny drivers but once we got into the open road all was good! great driving roads thanks to BenG who organized the route and meet! he lead the whole way and was a quick leader which i like :) :)

Hope all went ok with your cup Groovejunkie! did u make it home!?

Had a really fast drive back with Casson182 on the A6 back home which finsished the day of nicely!! nice one ben, didnt reallise u had the balls ;) great driving! few squeeky bum moments! haha!!!

here are some pics of the run out, sorry for te pics, my mate who was passenger with me was taking them... never really touched a cam before but he did ok! so iv picked the best of the bunch ;)

INJOY!!

We also passed one of these beasts parked up on the run... :) :) :) looks awesome!!

cheers, piers

Clio 182 Trophy
Awesome !

I had a really good time mate. Well done to those who actually turned up !

Enjoyed leading the group and im gald the pace was quick enough for ya :cool:

-KarL-

ClioSport Club Member
:dapprove:

here is my pic's from the day :eek:

DSC_0876.jpg

DSC_0879.jpg

'53 172 Cup
Am home... safe and sound if a little deaf... expensive exhausts ftl... standard ones with a hole in ftw!?!?!?! Some of the looks I got coming back through Leeds were great... not to mentioned being followed along the A66 by an unmarked T5 hoping they wouldn't pull me for being too loud (or the fact I overtook them at 80+.... woops)!?!

Was driven by quite a hot WPC and she was soon distracted by a guy who decided the chevrons were for him to queue jump.... ahhhh ha ha haaaaa... chump!!! Was a joy to see his face as we passed him!!!

Top day though lads and cheers for gettin it together!! Would do it again for sure...

Clio 182 Trophy
Nice one Karl, what happened? At least you made an attempt to get the the meet ;)

alien green rs133
what a day for me, my car is eating its way through a wheel bearing so i arranged to get into car with karl, just so i can spend two-three hours sat in his car taking the interior to bits for the crack, super hungry at this point too. to then have to fix his car.. when we finally got back to my spot with it on the trailer. its now running bosch super 4's as thats the only plugs we had.

day of fail for me im afraid
ohh and my car is still knackered. hope its fixed for fcs :(
although being a mechanic at a renault garage there is kinda a good chance its running smoothly by friday... :( ill host some of my pics from today in a minute

alien green rs133
day started well met up and started to drive over to the lakes,
18189064a10984986087o.jpg

didn't even make it to kendal and we came to a rather noisy halt...

18189064a10984986248o.jpg

18189064a10984986395o.jpg

18189064a10984986478o.jpg

18189064a10984986639o.jpg

then my dad turned up with the van and trailer.. thank god its a flexy splitter :D

18189064a10984986831o.jpg

18189064a10984987019o.jpg

HAI..

18189064a10984986167o.jpg

hutchie

S2 106 GTI
Great pics Piers!great meeting everyone too - sorry for the quick exit at the end of the meet! lol :eek: was trying to see where everyone went but couldnt see! ended up on the road home! then got a phone call off ben asking where I was haha!

Was a great run out -and great the weather stayed good!

Rich

Clio 182 Trophy
I removed mine. I couldnt stand the harsh ride over here in pothole country and the quality of them are poor. They dont even fit in the Turrents properly. Stainless magnetic covers would be more beneficial !

'53 172 Cup
Felt awful leaving you guys behind... would have taken you with me Hutchie if that hadn't been uber tight on Karl... !?!

alien green rs133
Felt awful leaving you guys behind... would have taken you with me Hutchie if that hadn't been uber tight on Karl... !?!

i couldnt leave karl i had to fix his car afterwards so was alreet fella but thanks for the offer :D

nice meeting you and hope to see more of you at the meets, hope you make fcs too ;)

Italian 3.2 V6
we will have to organize another lakes meet in the next couple months for the better weather... raods are great and love it!!

'53 172 Cup
Might be a noisey entrance... !?! Was good to meet you guys too if only briefly... !!

See you sunday I guess!!!

Amen to that P4ers... !! Next time I'm up in Carlizzle I'll give you buys ashout as well!!

jamier27

ClioSport Club Member
  T5, Ariel Atom 300
Shame about the turnout? thought there was gonna be sh1tlo4ds of ya?!? gutted about the breakdown as well, .....

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
So you lot had a good meet eh? Shame about your car Karl will you have it done by early week? Good job that it didn't rain for you lot

Clio 182 Trophy
So you lot had a good meet eh? Shame about your car Karl will you have it done by early week? Good job that it didn't rain for you lot

Yeah had a brilliant meet. Its just a shame most people who put the name down didnt turn up or even let us know. We had no choice but to wait 30mins to see if anyone else was going to show up. We probably should have exchanged numbers really. Obvioulsly Karl had his problem but other than that it went really well.

Cant wait for the next one.

-KarL-

ClioSport Club Member
spark plugg came loose destroyed my ht lead :dapprove:

its all fixed now thanks to hutchie, and his dad for the lift back to the garage hero :D

DB.

BMW 440i
Wouldnt be a french car clubs meet without atleast one breaking down!

Hopefully it wont happen to many on the way to FCS!