ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Lambda Safe Exhaust Silicone

Fiat Coupe/Clio 182
I've been trawling the internet for hours and I am struggling to find what I am after.

I recently changed my cat to manifold fitting kit, but it is still blowing. It was a K-tec kit so assume quality won't be an issue.
I guess there is an issue with either the manifold or cat.

Because I'm lazy, I was going to give some silicone a try to try and get rid of the blow.

Does anyone know where I can pick up some Lambda safe silicone for use up to 350 degrees?

Cheers
Phil

CursedTitanium 182FF
Not sure if K-tec sell an original part, I got mine from Renault & never had a problem with it.

Don't put silicone or anything before the cat. If it ends up going inside it can hinder the workings of the catalyst.

K-tec sell the genuine kit (few quid more).

As addicted above has said its will most likely be something else mis aligning it or maybe user error?

Fiat Coupe/Clio 182
User error is highly likely!!

I've recently put new mounts at the back, but will check and probably replace the rest.

I am pretty sure the K-tec part isn't genuine. What a waste of 25 quid.

Cheers and thanks for the advice.

koi

Audi S1
Don't put silicone or anything before the cat. If it ends up going inside it can hinder the workings of the catalyst.

K-tec sell the genuine kit (few quid more).

As addicted above has said its will most likely be something else mis aligning it or maybe user error?

Genuine manifold to car fitting kit is cheaper from Renault