ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Lambda sensor keeps working loose...?

Evo
For some reason my lambda sensor keeps unscrewing itself? I'll properly tighten it up by literally hanging off the spanner underneath and it tightens up lovely, about two months later I hear a tapping from under the floor and surprise it's loosened right off and about to fall out again.

I've tried it with and without washers, with a load of exhaust paste to try hold it in and even high temp loctite but nothing will keep it tight? Running a ktec silenced decat.

Any ideas lads? I'm getting to the point of just spot welding it in place!

dan's cast offs.
get a chisel and 'tap' the thread three or four times around the sensor, top to bottom if that makes sense. that or if you can, heat the boss until it's glowing red and then pinch the end a tiny bit.

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
Not correct pitch thread IMO. Your Lamba has a finer thread or the slot does

Heat the socket up, give the top a slight tap to pinch in, bolt in the Lamba and let it cool. Should do the trick or take the decat off, get a nut that fits the Lamba and tag that onto the hole