ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Lamborghini Aventador Crash Video In Sloane Street

Pacman.

ClioSport Club Member
  Did have a R27
And that's the consequence of having a " Stealth " coloured car.

2003 172
I deliver in Oxford street 4 nights a week and see so many knob head Arabs, surprised this doesn't happen more often :nono:

340i
I think it had something to do with the Ferrari behind him, when the camera pans back you can just see it... God damn street racers.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
I deliver in Oxford street 4 nights a week and see so many knob head Arabs, surprised this doesn't happen more often :nono:

I'm sure it's not exclusive to Arabs...But yes, lots of people seem to be using London as their personal race track!

adamlstr

ClioSport Club Member
So the Mazda pulls out on the guy, who doesn't look to be speeding at all, and it's all the Lambo owners fault for being an arab and/or rich.

Well done CS.

And timing, I work near Sloane Street, you can have your camera ready if you hear a nice motor coming - easily.

Golf 7.5R & Clio 200
So the Mazda pulls out on the guy, who doesn't look to be speeding at all, and it's all the Lambo owners fault for being an arab and/or rich.

Well done CS.

And timing, I work near Sloane Street, you can have your camera ready if you hear a nice motor coming - easily.

Well dur, who elses fault is it?

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
Surly that has to be the mazda at fault for pulling out onto a junction with on coming traffic.

An orange one
That does appear to be just bad timing.

Also is it just me, but I'm a bit of a lamborghini and aventador fan.. Although it seems in London there is so damn many of them you may as well buy a corsa???? Seriously there must be hundreds. Kind of removes some of the appeal of the car tbh

I think it had something to do with the Ferrari behind him, when the camera pans back you can just see it... God damn street racers.

Mazza GT, but probably showing off.

Presume this will go down 50:50 if speeding can be proven...

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
IMHO the Lamborghini is doing more than 30mph. The other driver by the looks of it may have pulled out without fully checking, but the speed of the Lamborghini is also at fault.

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
Doesn't appear to be speeding? Seriously? He is clearly going well over the limit, after the initial impact he ends up 100yards down the road.

Sloane Square is a 20/30mph zone tops, the guy is clearly driving like a bell end.

Tbh, won't matter one bit to him, either wealthy enough to shrug it off, or it will be a rental.

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Mazda shouldn't of pulled out regardless of speed, would of seen it coming if had looked.

But maybe he looked, saw it 200m down the road, assumed the car was doing 30mph limit, looked right then boom... Lambo at fault?

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Blatantly the lambos fault as was going at monster speed so no doubt looked to be far enough away to not be an issue to the car pulling out.

BUT I bet the insurance claim goes the other way anyway as unless the speed can be proved, it defaults to being the fault of the person pulling out which is pretty daft.

Bet they were nearer to 100mph than to the speed limit.

Chi

Z4, VW172, R26
Defo mazda at fault imo. you don't just glance you look and see how fast the cars approaching. .

SQ5
Exactly, it's also very easy to look quick in a built up area, especially when most stuff pootles around at about 20mph, 40-50mph can look very quick!

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Blatantly the lambos fault as was going at monster speed so no doubt looked to be far enough away to not be an issue to the car pulling out.

BUT I bet the insurance claim goes the other way anyway as unless the speed can be proved, it defaults to being the fault of the person pulling out which is pretty daft.

Bet they were nearer to 100mph than to the speed limit.

Agreed. Based on how quickly he was decelerating from the engine noise he was doing 50-60 mph at least, possibly much more, before the Mazda appeared in front of him.

It's an ultra low car in stealth mat black...if there was a car going in the opposite direction to the Lambo it could have totally obscured the Lambo from the view of the Mazda...which didn't really have a chance. He'd have looked for a gap big enough for him to pull out into so long as anything that was coming that he hadn't seen was doing 20-30mph at most.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Defo mazda at fault imo. you don't just glance you look and see how fast the cars approaching. .

If I look in a 30 limit and the nearest car is 200 yards+ away, I dont bother to wait until it gets close enough to judge speed before pulling out, if you did that you would be sat around all day waiting for a gap.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Agreed. Based on how quickly he was decelerating from the engine noise he was doing 50-60 mph at least, possibly much more, before the Mazda appeared in front of him.

It's an ultra low car in stealth mat black...if there was a car going in the opposite direction to the Lambo it could have totally obscured the Lambo from the view of the Mazda...which didn't really have a chance. He'd have looked for a gap big enough for him to pull out into so long as anything that was coming that he hadn't seen was doing 20-30mph at most.

Agreed, or a bus or anything else, if you look down the road and see a couple of hundred yards of space with nothing coming, then you have no way of knowing if there is also something out of view or obscured by a bus etc

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Agreed, or a bus or anything else, if you look down the road and see a couple of hundred yards of space with nothing coming, then you have no way of knowing if there is also something out of view or obscured by a bus etc

Yep. If the Mazda is deemed at fault at what speed would the Lambo have to be traveling for it not to be at fault?

How about if the Lambo was going 100mph? Or 150mph? Would the Mazda still be at fault then?

The bottom line is if the Lambo was doing the speed limit this incident is highly unlikely to have happened. Sadly for the Mazda, as said already, the insurers will probably not see it that way.

Ford Mustang 5.0
Ouch.... in my opinion its Definately the Car Pulling out to blame. Lambo looks like its going quick but you cannot tell for sure that its speeding.

id of said probably doing 30 maybe 35mph at moment of impact (driver didnt even hit the brakes) The way the Lambo impacts it doesnt really slow it down it actually pushes it further down the road.

There was a Ferrari 599 behind the lambo you can see in the vid so probably messing around together. Still doesnt mean someone can pull from a side road infront of them though.

I have seen cases before where a Third Party has alleged the driver involved was speeding but without physical evidence like measured skid marks its impossible to proove. A person cant look at a moving car and say "thats going xx MPH" even a police officer has to have Speed Gun or evidence from incar camera showing the following speed.

Chi

Z4, VW172, R26
Cheers Neil, at the end of the day it could of been a bike and someone could of been hurt.
I was always taught that you shouldnt pull out if you are going to cause oncoming traffic to slow down or swerve.