ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Lamborghini Aventador Crash Video In Sloane Street

The order of events that led to the problem:
First: Lambo driver sped (against the law)
Next: Person pulled out in front of him, allowing enough time when doing so for him to approach at a legal speed and not hit them
Next: Lambo driver failed to perform an emergency stop because his speed was excessive, thankfully though he only hit a motorist not a child

In my opinon the Lambo driver was the one at fault, but sadly for the person who pulled out, who did so based on the assumption the lambo wasnt driving like a tit, he made an incorrect assumption and the insurers will probably side against him as his action is undeniable where as the lambo one is more open to interpretation.

If the person pulling out had checked twice he would've realised the lambo was speeding and probably tutted and shaken his head thinking what a pleb. Then would've pulled out behind.
Either that or thought wow that sounds siiiiiiick. Then pulled out behind still.

Thankfully it was a nice solid lambo, not a biker that would've either been through the passenger window head first or straight over the bonnet.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
sloane_zpsb9204b1f.gif

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
If the person pulling out had checked twice he would've realised the lambo was speeding and probably tutted and shaken his head thinking what a pleb. Then would've pulled out behind.

How long when pulling out of a side street in london do you advise leaving between this first check and second check?

As I must confess that personally I only check once, if there is a good clear space then I pull out, I tend to check for long enough to give me a guage of the speed of a car if its near me, but if its a long way away I dont wait until its close enough to judge its speed accurately before it pulls out, I just assume it will be doing somewhere within 100% above the speed limit unless its showing blue lights.
I suspect that to do much more than I do would mean greatly increased traffic somewhere as busy as london.

Thankfully it was a nice solid lambo, not a biker that would've either been through the passenger window head first or straight over the bonnet.

Yes if the same idiotic speed was done by a biker then the biker would have paid the penalty for his same mistake far more. (although might have managed to swerve, a bike gives you more options on narrow city streets than 7 foot or so width of supercar does which means in a supercar you need to be more cautious of course)

You're probably right chip. But at the end of the day the driver pulled out on lambo man meaning that they are at fault. We can only speculate about the speed of the lambo but we can see he is left with nowhere to go as his intended path is blocked when someone pulls in front of him. Both to blame

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
I view it simply as this...

Mazda pulls out on Lambo doing 30 mph, Lambo stops, driver curses/hand gestures, everyone continues on their way unbent.

Mazda pulls out on Lambo doing a speed well in excess of the limit, big airborne supercar pinball incident.

The Mazda did nothing differently in either scenario...the Lambo's driver's actions are what caused the collision.

Mazda pulls out on Lambo doing 30 mph, Lambo stops, driver curses/hand gestures, everyone continues on their way unbent.

Mazda pulls out on Lambo doing a speed well in excess of the limit, big airborne supercar pinball incident.

The Mazda did nothing differently in either scenario...the Lambo's driver's actions are what caused the collision.
Agreed.

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
TBH Mark if the Lamborghini had been doing the limit it probably wouldn't have even had to brake as it'd still be a mile away, so even more against him.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
You're probably right chip. But at the end of the day the driver pulled out on lambo man meaning that they are at fault. We can only speculate about the speed of the lambo but we can see he is left with nowhere to go as his intended path is blocked when someone pulls in front of him. Both to blame

Agreed, in terms of common sense its entirely the fault of the lambo you cant go driving around at (my estimate, not proved but can only discuss based on what I feel happened) over 3 times the speed limit and then expect people to not make assumptions that you are at least somewhere vaguely in the ballpark of the speed limit.
But to the letter of the way fault is decided, the other car pulled out making the assumption that he was pulling out on a car driven responsibly, and that assumption will now cost him I suspect.

As mentioned I would make the same assumption TBH

I hope there is a court case we can follow, would be interesting as its unusual in this sort of thing to have evidence like a video.

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra

Exactly.

The Mazda did what they'd do in any situation (They were even crawling out of the junction, the speed of the Lambo caused the accident, by being unable to stop) and was hit by someone going over the speed limit and who wasn't anticipating any risks, which you really have to do in London.

Splitting the video more and using the Mazda as a distance ref (Working on a 30 degree angle change and a speed of around 5mph forward) I put the speed of the Lambo BEFORE impact but AFTER braking to be 58mph. Braking can be heard (granted no seen) for around 0.6 of a sec which is enough time for the Lambo to scrub around 15mph.

Doing 70 in Sloane Square is retarded.